Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My WallyWorld "mishap" >

My WallyWorld "mishap"

My WallyWorld "mishap"

Old 07-11-2010, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
Originally Posted by raptureready
I think if several of us lived close together we'd be a force to be feared. Fabric stores would see us pull in and bar the doors, restaurants would close, department stores would roll down the chainlink bars, other drivers would pull to the side of the road, children and pets would run and hide.
I wanna be you when I grow up:>
Just get you some burlap "big-girl-panties" and you'll toughen up soon enough.

:lol: :lol:

Seriously though, there is no reason that anyone should let someone else make them feel inferior or less than the child of God that they are. When people are nasty to me I tell them that I recognize their rudeness and tell them that I don't like it.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned

You go girl ! Annie
Old 07-11-2010, 11:28 AM

Don't you just love that bell.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 AM

I think that Wal Mart has gone down since Sam Walton died. I live just south of the PA line in Maryland. There are 4 Walmarts within a 20 mile radious of me. Only one still has fabric. There is usually someone there to wait on me. The other three now have fat quarters and even a few jelly rolls in their tiny craft sections. My biggest beef is they seem to be having a problem with keeping the shelves stocked. My husband actually went to work for them 4 years ago when he retired the first time. He said that should never happen as the cash registers track in the inventory and they know immediately when the stock that is out has been sold. The closest Walmart in Maryland was expanded into a semi super store. They added groceries by getting rid of the fabric department and downsizing everything else. Now they have a whole lot of departments with limited stock. Some things I want I can only find there. Other things I have to go to one of the Superwalmarts up the road in PA. Friday the super Walmart was out of the diet soda, their brand that I drink. I had to go looking for someone to tell me how much the pineapples were as their was no price on the display. It has been super hot this week and I wanted to purchase one of those insulated bags they sell to put my perishables in so I could run another errand when I finished there. They have four hooks with those bags on the in the frozen food section. Every hook was empty. The older I get the worse I like shopping.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:26 PM
Administrator

i am fascinated by the obsessive focus on walmart's service record in this topic.

am i the only person who has noticed the customer service is pretty poor in just about every major department store? (unless you're in the most expensive sections of a hoity toity store.)

i'm not defending poor practice in any store. i just keep wondering when people will finally get bored and pick on someplace other than walmart and joann's for a change. :lol:?
Old 07-11-2010, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

This is not fabric realted but, there was a time when there were signs at the front end of the store stating that if there were more than 3 people in line at the registers they would automatically call for more cashiers. They took those signs down several years ago. I guess the bad service is not just in the fabric dept.
Old 07-11-2010, 12:34 PM

I agree!
but truthfully we live in a rural area the only department store we have in our county is Walmart.
no target no kmart no mall sears JC penny nothing
So we end up traveling 60+ miles to shop
but older folks in our area(like my parents) don't want to drive that far and are stuck with it!
Old 07-11-2010, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
i am fascinated by the obsessive focus on walmart's service record in this topic.

am i the only person who has noticed the customer service is pretty poor in just about every major department store? (unless you're in the most expensive sections of a hoity toity store.)

i'm not defending poor practice in any store. i just keep wondering when people will finally get bored and pick on someplace other than walmart and joann's for a change. :lol:?
It's not just Wal-Mart or Joann's, I think it is pretty much across all sectors of retail. I firmly believe that it is the management of a retail business that will either make or break the establishment. Management sets the tone for how business is to be done and then should follow up to see that it is put in motion. At places where service is poor and people finally just leave in frustration, I have a hard time believing that management is oblivious to it all. Maybe they just don't care.

But I see crummy service at Burger King, grocery stores, etc. Yet, at some places, it is stellar. For example, there is a McDonald's close to where I work where the employees are ALL as polite as they can be and always strive to get it right the first time. It really is noticeable there, and I have to attribute that to the management staff there that have worked to create that type of work environment.

I think that places where we have come to expect the service to always be bad because of our past experiences there, it's because the management is too busy trying to squeeze a few more pennies out of their monthly financial reports to keep their numbers up with those of fellow stores. Sadly, in their zeal to focus on finances, they don't see the angry customers storming out the doors because of their employees that are treating them badly.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:12 PM

I've always gotten good service in the fabric department at my local WalMart. If there isn't someone at the counter when I'm ready, I go looking for her and ask if she can help me by cutting some fabric. Always had friendly helpful service. It's funny but I avoided WM for years, until I needed some film developed in a hurry and my previous processor had badly messed up several rolls of my film. WM did misplace (or was late with) a roll once but they didn't charge me for it when they found/received it the next day (and called me to let me know).
Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 PM

The way to get "assistance" at Walmart is start measuring the fabric yourself.. Thier little "computer" scanner is simple to use. I had to do that multiple times before our walmart took out the fabric.