Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Long Arm with Stitch Regulator (BSR) >

Long Arm with Stitch Regulator (BSR)

Long Arm with Stitch Regulator (BSR)

Old 04-21-2011, 03:41 AM

So sorry for calling you a lady. I really appreciate all input.
I was just wondering which Long Arm to consider buying. I realize the BSR is strictly Bernina. I have a Bernina with the BSR.
So, what would be a good Long Arm with the Stitch Regulator?
Old 04-21-2011, 04:41 AM

Still not sure what you are asking as all the members gave you the names of their specific machines that were longarms with stitch regulators which I am sure they like. Bernina as far as I know does not make a longarm. I am unsure if there are exacting descriptions but from what I have learned any machine 18" + is considered a longarm, less that 18" but more than 10" is a midarm. So there are numerous options out there for you. Your best bet to to go and test drive as many as you can and determine the right feel for yourself. There are many members with different longarms and they love them for different reasons...but most especially for how they feel to themselves. You can also do a search here on longarms and come up with opinions about many different machines. If you don't have many options for places to test drive maybe there are quilt shows in your area and if so many of the vendors come with their setups for people to try out and see the features available with their particular brand of machine and frame.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:15 AM

Thank you to all who responded and you have all helped me.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Power Poster

The Innova has a stitch regulator too. I think any longarm does. Usually you pay extra if you want it.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Tinabodina
So, what would be a good Long Arm with the Stitch Regulator?
I believe all longarms have stitch regulators available on the new ones...I know some of the older ones don't have a stitch regulator and cannot be retro-fitted with one.

My Innova has a Lightning Stitch regulator and I can go from a dead stop to 3,000 SPM in one shove and all the stitches are the same length...star points have stitches that are the same length, no matter what speed I move the Innova. Most responsive stitch regulator I have ever found.