Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Q地ique long arm vs Block RockiT vs King Quilter Special Edition 18x8 Long Arm >

Q地ique long arm vs Block RockiT vs King Quilter Special Edition 18x8 Long Arm

Q地ique long arm vs Block RockiT vs King Quilter Special Edition 18x8 Long Arm

Old 09-23-2015, 05:52 AM

Default Q地ique long arm vs Block RockiT vs King Quilter Special Edition 18x8 Long Arm

I am looking at all of these, and can't decide. I would like to know if anyone has either? The first 2, are suppose to be basically the same machine, about the same price, etc., and both made by the Grace Co. Kathyquilts, are the only one that sells the Block RockiT. She said they give lifetime support. I also found one called King Quilter Special Edition 18x8 Long Arm, I found it here, http://www.sewingmachinesplus.com/ki...al-edition.php, there isn't alot of price difference in them, but the last one has alot more options. Anyone ever had one of these 3 machines?
Old 09-23-2015, 06:17 AM

I have the Block Rockit. Got one of the first ones that came out last year. Absolutely love it. The Block Rockit and the Q'nique are exactly the same machine other than the labeling. The Grace Company's engineers designed it for Lynn and Kathy with Kathy Quilts and then about six months later they labeled the same machine as the Q'nique for their company. Both Kathy Quilts and The Grace Company stand behind their machines 100%. On the Block Rockit if Lynn can't help us with a problem then the Grace Company helps us. We have a Block Rockit Yahoo Group that is pretty active and we help each other with our machines...we also include anyone with a Q'nique machine.

Don't know anything about the King Quilter.

David
Old 09-23-2015, 06:21 AM

thank you David for your reply.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:22 AM

Can you tell me what else is needed for the total setup? I would get the frame that is made for the machine.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

I am buying the Grace frame because a super nice board member here is selling it to me. I doubt any brand will make much difference in how good I am at using it. LOL
Old 09-23-2015, 07:06 AM

OnebyOne, I can understand that. I have never used a long arm before, but always wanted one. I just couldn't justify the $$ with my age, I'm 62, but with one of these, I can.
Old 09-23-2015, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

I have seen many positive posts about the BlockRockit on Yahoo longarming groups. No negatives that I can remember. I would contact KathyQuilts about the frame options. I have seen some negatives about Grace frames, that at least some of them have weak rails that tend to bow in the middle under pressure.

I couldn't find much information about the King Quilter. The only source I found is sewingmachinesplus, which has some Youtube videos on it. Could not find any actual user reviews or comments about the machine other than the two reviews on the sewingmachinesplus website. It could be wonderful, or it could be one of those machines that has lots of options but never works quite right.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:33 PM

Kathy Quilts has a frame made just for the BlockRockiT. Right now I'm using mine on a Little Gracie II but as soon as I can I'm going to upgrade my frame to this new one. I am like David, I love my BRI!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by thseabreze View Post
Can you tell me what else is needed for the total setup? I would get the frame that is made for the machine.
The Launch Pad is the frame made for the Block Rockit. It's a 10' frame. I have the Grace SR2 frame but only because the Launch Pad wasn't out when I bought my machine. Hopefully one day I will be able to upgrade.

If you plan on doing pantagraphs you will need to order the rear handles...I think they are around $99.00 If you plan on doing ruler work you will need to order the ruler base which again I think is around $99.00. (I made my ruler base.) Also I think you have to order the laser for pantagraphs...depends on what type of deal Kathy Quilts is running.

Other than those 3 items the machine comes with everything you need. It's still one of the cheapest machines around with all the extras that most machines have and they are all standard on the Block Rockit such as stitch regulator.

Good luck with your decision.

David
Old 09-24-2015, 06:37 AM

I have friends that bought 2 different machines. The one that bought the Q’nique long arm has had nothing but trouble. Not sure if it is her or the machine. 2 others friends bought the Block Rocket and love those machines. It can also make a difference in the frame. Unhappy one has a grace frame.

As I understand it does not have a bar to pin the top onto---so that must be floated all the time.

I bought a used HQ16 and would do that again if this one dies. I paid less for it.