Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Block RockiT/Q'nique Mid Arm Quilter >

Block RockiT/Q'nique Mid Arm Quilter

Block RockiT/Q'nique Mid Arm Quilter

Old 08-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Default Block RockiT/Q'nique Mid Arm Quilter

I have been looking back into these two mid arm quilting machines again. Now that they have been out for a year I was hoping to find out from those who purchased them how things are going? I have a Artistic 18 (which is really just a Tin Lizzie with a different name) and it worked fine but right at the year warranty was over, the stitch regulator quit working and I can't seem to find anyone to fix it! I just free motion so I don't need a lot of bells and whistles however I am very intrigued by the Infinity but can't fathom spending that amount of money for something that is really just a hobby for me (although I love how Handiquilter really makes their machines upgradable with the various types of feet and accessories). I realize the quilting space would be smaller than what I had before, but I'm looking for a machine that won't break the bank that I can use my existing frame that has great stitch regulation and the option to add a ruler base and upgrade to electronic quilting. I found a dealer that includes a 5 year warranty on all longarms (Sewing Machines Plus) and I'm only 75 miles away from them which is an added bonus after my last purchase. Plus at that price I could pay for it cash---although I'm really disappointed that shipping will take 6-8 weeks as I am long overdue on getting a stack of quilts completed. Any suggestions, reviews, comments are greatly appreciated.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:39 PM
Power Poster

A friend has the Block Rockit and loves it. It will probably be my choice but I think the only customer service is online, no reps?
Old 08-11-2015, 02:34 PM

Lynn and Kathy Barlow, of KathyQuilts.com, are the owners of the Block Rockit. They have lots of great video tutorials, and great customer service. Lynn is always on the phone with a customer. The Q'nique is the same machine, but is licensed from The Grace Company for anyone to sell.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:18 PM

I have had my Block Rock It a year and a very pleased with it. Customer support with Kathy Quilts is great and there is also support thru the Grace Company. There is a yahoo group for it and everyone in the group is ready to help. I have not regretted my purchase at all
Old 08-11-2015, 07:14 PM

I recently purchased the Q'nique from the Grace Company. I haven't actually done anything on it. I decided to go from a queen to king frame. The king frame won't be here until next week. I am so excited and am going to look at the Yahoo group. Thank you for the information.