Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Joann deals on Memorial weekend! >

Joann deals on Memorial weekend!

Joann deals on Memorial weekend!

Old 05-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

I spent $51 and saved $129. Love it. May go back today.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:48 AM

Oh, you guys are dangerous. I haven't been yet but will today. We are side-car'ing a crib to our bed for the babe I am expecting in July and the 50% off high density foam is my target. It's RIGHT next to the quilting fabrics... I MUST NOT STRAY!!!
Old 05-30-2011, 08:23 AM

I'm trying so hard to stay away from Joann's during this sale. I've been organizing my sewing room and can't believe all the fabric I have. But I just can't stay away from a good deal. I think I'm weakening.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:49 AM

I am on my way there later today. I am looking for backing for a quilt, something to make pillows for my family room & I have to look through the notions to see what I need &/or want!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:04 PM

Northern & Central California Joann's honor Michael's & Beverly's coupons, but only those pre-printed in flyers/newspapers or those that come on the bottom of your recipts. They do not like or trust internet printed coupons. I don't like that the stores are all trying to go that way exclusively (email coupons), as this might stop us from using them at other stores!
I do love getting the flyers, email coupons & text SMS coupons to go. Just hate to have any source dry up!
Old 05-30-2011, 04:37 PM
Jim

we went on friday....was looking for a specific fabric I got a test sample of last week..it was ALL GONE and may not be a fabric they will reorder...arggggg..so I left with coupons in hand and bought nothing..BUT, I had just come from another sale and had bought 27 yards of fabric
Old 05-30-2011, 05:51 PM

I went as planned & got the backing fabric for a quilt I have almost finished, some home dec fabric for pillows, a red, white & blue tablecloth, batting, a seam ripper & a few marking pens. Spent $47.17, saved $43.33. Bless my daughter's heart, she asked me what I needed a seam ripper for! She must think I am perfect!
Old 05-31-2011, 03:15 AM

Oh please ladies! Did you read all the negative JoAnn coupon and sale comments earlier in the weekend? It is interesting that stream is no longer available. Yes I went today and stocked up on buttons. But that place and their sales and coupons and very fine print bothers me too much. Plus at our store the quality of their fabric is sometimes less than desirable.
Old 05-31-2011, 03:28 AM

I sneaked out, picked up 30 yards of Legacy, a couple of books, Guttermn thread, and some press on appliqués. The appliqués will be stuck onto some of the vintage machines for e-z identification, as they all look alike. Now, there will be Pink B (butterfly), Blue B, Blue Bird, Starz, etc. I've thought about painting the machines, but the basic black has it's own charm too. The designs will give character, the students will be able to adopt their favorite and hopefully treat the machines with more respect. 30% off on the rack, another 20% at the register . . . total purchase, well worth the chance of being spied by the Medicare police.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:05 AM

JuneC-check with your Joann's to see if they take Hobby Lobby's and Hancock's. Ours here in Snellville, GA, informed me about it over a week ago when I went in search of a backing fabric for a flip flop quilt. I finished the bolt of Legacy fabric when the woman at the cutting table sweetly informed me that I needed to always bring all coupons, since you can use them alongside the Joanns. The fabric I bought was 12.99/yd, and after my 60% off, and 10% off total purchase, and the end of bolt savings (I bought 7.5 yds), I got out of there under 100.00! I was too happy. I now keep every coupon "just in case".