Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Would this be weird? >

Would this be weird?

Would this be weird?

Old 09-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Not weird at all. My DH will probably bury me with a sewing machine, just so he'll have one less to deal with when I'm gone. :mrgreen:
Old 09-10-2011, 01:21 PM

Yes, it is the sewing machine emblem that I wonder if would be weird. Yet why not!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:23 PM

That is a splendid and very appropriate idea. You are thoughtful to do this now.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:32 PM

I like that idea. I want to be cremated since my parents are buried in one place, my first hubs in another state, current hubs's wife is somewhere else, both his parents are in separate places, and we're in a differnet state altogether.

I just want a spot with my parents & 1st hubs - there is a place for me there - dont want the whole thing, only a small space on his grave for a very small stone -(not to be buried) and s tone with a solar cell and a voice/motion sensor so I can record"Hey! Watch were you're standing!" when anyone walks to close to those graves! They all had a sense of humor! I think they would like it sharet
Old 09-10-2011, 01:32 PM

I think its a great idea! When my dad passed a few years ago he had most of it planned down to every detail. The few things he left were a little easier to handle..but not much. We did pass by a cemetery last week and I caught the glimpse of horses running on the back of a tombstone. I thought it was great!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:35 PM

Think it is a great idea. When my Dad died we put the Army emblem on his stone. He was a 22 yr. lifer. Mom said where should it go, since it is a double stone, I told her to put it in the middle since she served the 22 years right along side of him.
I love the idea of having a quilt on your side. I'll have to remember that. Also like the idea of children's names on stone also.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

I think it is the Duchess of Bedfordshire (in the UK) who commissioned her coffin especially, and she uses it in her bedroom as a blanket box in the meantime!
Old 09-10-2011, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by pattypurple
Think it is a great idea. When my Dad died we put the Army emblem on his stone. He was a 22 yr. lifer. Mom said where should it go, since it is a double stone, I told her to put it in the middle since she served the 22 years right along side of him.
I love the idea of having a quilt on your side. I'll have to remember that. Also like the idea of children's names on stone also.
Yes, that is what we were thinking "proud parents of" but I think if the sewing machine or quilt was done tastefully it would be good. I like an idea of a quilt to take with me to keep me warm...now I am getting weird.....
Old 09-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by pattypurple
Yes, that is what we were thinking "proud parents of" but I think if the sewing machine or quilt was done tastefully it would be good. I like an idea of a quilt to put on the stone to take with me to keep me warm...now I am getting weird.....
Old 09-10-2011, 01:45 PM

I like an idea of a quilt to put on the stone to take with me to keep me warm...now I am getting weird.....[/quote]

I made a lap quilt for DH's grandmother with blocks for each grand and great-grand child. When she died I told mother-in-law to leave it on her. She "wore" it for the viewing and we sent her on her way still covered by the quilt she loved.