Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Has anyone been to: Quilt Camp at Sea? >

Has anyone been to: Quilt Camp at Sea?

Has anyone been to: Quilt Camp at Sea?

Old 08-15-2012, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by djquilts View Post
jaydee - I recognize you from onboard the Quilt Camp at Sea cruise - weren't you working for them? I can't agree with what a great experience Quilt Camp at Sea is. They are fine as it goes, but every cruise is the same thing, different itinerary , different teacher. After having done 2, I looked for another company that offered a better variety of quilting as well as onboard fun. I have heard similar stories from others I met on Quilt Camp at Sea cruises, they were disappointed. Some who had been before said it used to be different, used to be fun, but they agreed that one likes a little adventure and fun, not just sittin in a classroom - like being at a workshop in the local quilt store. Sorry, to sound negative, but there are BETTER OPTIONS out there. Just my opinion.
Sorry djquilts but I recognize jaydee3 from a few Quilt Camp at Sea cruises I shared with her and she definitely didn't "work for them" - but we both sure won a bunch of prizes and were warmly welcomed back as "Gold Star Cruisers" with wonderful gifts! You must have been on that March 2011 cruise with us because two quilters from Hot Springs were recognized as being the very first quilters from Arkansas to ever sail on a Quilt Camp at Sea cruise - you and your room mate must have been those two although those ladies said this was the first time they had ever cruised at all. I sailed with jaydee3 again to Hawaii in 2012 and cannot wait until our 2014 Panama Canal Cruise together with Quilt Camp at Sea. I am glad "group" to sail with that makes you happy because Quilt Camp at Sea has a great group of quilters who come back over and over again - especially after they have sailed with some of the "other groups". We love the reunion of getting back together with familiar HAPPY faces and sharing another exciting cruise with a well organized group and teachers who go out of their way to provide outstanding classes, kits, and fun - especially Jackie Wolff, Dodi Poulsen, and Judith Baker Montano!!
Old 09-13-2017, 10:06 PM

I agree with you DJ. I have taken several quilt cruises and other quilt themed land tours including a few with Quilt Camp at Sea and have found that not all quilt cruises are the same. I too , strongly suggest doing research and speaking with other quilters about their personal experiences. A nationally known teacher(s) is at the top of my check list. Secondly, I would not go alone; bring your quilt buddies with you. Quilt Camp at Sea has a regular cliche following that is impenetrable, but fortunately you will find other fun loving quilters like yourself that are there to have a good time and share the experience with you.