Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • IMPORTANT:tater bag opinion needed please >
  • IMPORTANT:tater bag opinion needed please

• IMPORTANT:tater bag opinion needed please

Old 10-28-2011, 04:50 AM

How can you put something with a magnet in it into the microwave? I would be afraid of selling them with so many warnings on them. I don't see the novelty of them anyway. I don't wrap my potatoes in anything when I cook in the microwave.
    Sue
    Old 10-28-2011, 04:59 AM
    Power Poster

Part of the fire issue is people use warm and natural. It is a cotton batting, but it has a polyester scrim. The warm company makes a special batting just for this purpose. Follow all the directions above for all cotton everything. I also question the magnet thing. My microwave has plastic sides anyway...
    Old 10-28-2011, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess
    Part of the fire issue is people use warm and natural. It is a cotton batting, but it has a polyester scrim. The warm company makes a special batting just for this purpose. Follow all the directions above for all cotton everything. I also question the magnet thing. My microwave has plastic sides anyway...
    My microwave is built-in, so no place to hang anything. I have enough problem keeping the clutter out of my kitchen without something else to deal with. I know people don't like the thought of throwing away paper towel, etc. and the idea of having something to put your potato in to microwave it is attractive. But in the end it will be put in a drawer with the hot dog cooker, aluminum potato skewers, the hot air popper, the rice cooker....and on and on and on.
    Old 10-28-2011, 05:19 AM
    Power Poster

First of all, I'm not trying to put a damper on things. More so, trying to help with a bit of reality re the concerns. Pathetic as it is, this is life today, isn't it?

Being that your group is already having 2nd thoughts... then perhaps they should not even sell them.

It's all about liability and as a group, HUGE concerns should the worse case scenario ever happen, with attached warnings or not. And that liability could stretch out and affect each and everyone of you.

Enjoy the potato bags for your personal usage!
    Old 10-28-2011, 09:48 AM

Thanks all for your opinions. We have used 100% cotton and still have concerns so best to follow our gut instincts and your opinions and use for personal use only. Thanks again. Dianna
    Old 10-28-2011, 02:07 PM

I bought one at a quilt quild show and it caught on fire in 2 minutes. I have to assume it was correctly made and I know I used it correctly.

I wouldn't use a warning label. I know if you have 'Beware of dog' warning and the dog bites, there are much more severe liabilties than if you don't use a sign. Personally, I wouldn't sell them.