Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Special things you do for your pet. >
  • Special things you do for your pet.

• Special things you do for your pet.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:13 AM

I've worn a different coat because Taz was fast asleep on the one I planned to wear. I couldn't wake the poor thing...
    Old 10-30-2011, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by sewgray
    Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    Our little dog Chip.won;t eat unless you are in the room with him.So guess who sits there and waits for him to eat,before doing anything else.
    I don't have to be in the room with my little hunk of fur. But I have to be home. Even if I'm gone all day he won't even eat his treat till I get home
    I used to think this was weird and then we adopted a lab who wouldn't take food from anyone but my dh and me. This is not a case of being spoiled this is being protective owner. There are too many strange people who would like nothing better than to poision your fur baby through treats and food. Always go for the side of caution. It can be troublesome when you have to leave them with the border's when you're away but at lease you know the hand that feeds them. Ok I'll get off my soap box now but just know your meal time routine is your dogs way of calling the family to dinner.
    Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 AM

I might be odd man out ... I don't spoil my dogs. They'd take full advantage of it if I did.

For example, I used to give them a treat every time they came in. Eventually, the little buggers started to want to go out more and more - even to the point where they would come in, get their cookie, then run back to the door and whine to go out.

Today I plan to "spoil" them by raking them (to remove undercoat), cleaning ears, and trimming nails. They'll also get their coats blown out to remove any dirt or debris. They all enjoy the personal "Mom" time on the grooming table - getting groomed and getting hugs and kisses while it's going on.

"Pig" waiting for grooming to commence
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]279269[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-279216.jpe  
    Old 10-30-2011, 06:40 AM

Yeah I groom mine too and they love it but they also loves their treats.. lol.. To me it is like spoiling a grandchild.. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Old 10-30-2011, 07:23 AM

Well....my kitties and parrot get water from my Brita filter. Also...when the kitty's dishes only have crumbs left, they will not eat them. I have to dump them out and put fresh food in their dishes. Talk about spoiled brats.
    Old 10-30-2011, 07:29 AM

Kids and pets what are they good for? Spoiling thats what.
    Mine are all spoiled but well trained. Oh and by the way I am well trained also, but not very spoiled. LOL
    Old 10-30-2011, 07:29 AM

My old mini Aussie has to be carried up and down stairs. Our house is six steps up from the ground and he cannot manage with his arthritis or see very well. So every few hours day and night he has to be carried up and down those outside stairs. Thank goodness I am in So Calif because taking him out at 2 or 3 in the morning is cold enough. Here is a picture of my two dogs, Rocket and Roux...Rocket on the left is the old guy

Rocket & Roux on back steps
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]279332[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-279279.jpe  
    Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    my galfriend even cooks her dog's food from scratch and sits and talks with her while she's eating.
    Glad to know that I am not the only one...lol...I do this too...Naomi :oops: :roll: :)
    Old 10-30-2011, 08:12 AM

I've even scrambled my cat eggs with cheese when he didn't want to eat his canned food ! Too, we had a Scottie and each time she went out to do her business she got a treat when she came in.....didn't matter what it was, sometimes I would give her a saltine cracker...she ate it.....THEN she got where when of us went out (not to do our business but to take trash out, to garage, etc.) when we came back in she thought she still needed a treat !

My SIL has a Maltese and he won't eat until the food is pre warmed....I dog sat with him for a week and sure enough, he wouldn't eat until I warmed the food..the little stinker !

We had another cat that would only eat canned food mixed with dry food...couldn't be left over either; had to be fresh and mixed together.

That is what makes them special and we have to be special to put up with some of their tactics !
    Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by erstan947
    when mine come in form outside they get a treat.....they will not let me forget!!:)
    Mine, too! They'll wait an hour if that's what it takes!