Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Is anyone familiar with Guidelines for Quilting products??? >
  • Is anyone familiar with Guidelines for Quilting products???

• Is anyone familiar with Guidelines for Quilting products???

Old 02-10-2012, 08:00 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
    My first concern is your security on the Internet. How did they get your email address? Why did you open mail from someone you do not know? I do not open mail from senders I do not recognize. I move it to SPAM. It looks like you were lucky this time, but please be more cautious in the future. There are many people on this Board who have had huge problems because of viruses and malware received from innocent looking email.

This was true some years ago. If you have to worry about email virus and malware you need to update or get rid of the old internet carrier email program. The new email programs like Gmail , you don't get malware or viruses. I rarely get spam and I sign up for everything on facebook and other sites. I like free stuff and signing up for it is the only way to get a lot of it. (just got 6 spools of Aurifil I won on Facebook) Every once and awhile I'll get a email that gmail will alert me that it has been checked and cleaned and I can open it if I want. And online email won't clog up your computer it's stored online.

Forgot to say I have a public Facebook page just for quilting. All the shops, manufactures, blogs, designer posts show up on it. My family facebook page is set to custom so no one but who is on my family list can see it.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 02-10-2012 at 08:06 AM.
    Old 02-10-2012, 09:44 AM

that sounds interesting thanks i will take a look at that
    Old 02-10-2012, 10:55 AM

Thanks a LOT!!! I didn't know I needed one until you showed it to me. LOL I just ordered one. It looks very interesting and I love the "toys".
    Old 02-10-2012, 10:57 AM

Which one did you order???

Originally Posted by buslady
    Thanks a LOT!!! I didn't know I needed one until you showed it to me. LOL I just ordered one. It looks very interesting and I love the "toys".
    Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM

I bought a set of the add on guides for HST and QST's. They're in my drawer and I haven't used them yet. They seemed like a must have item when I bought them!
    Old 02-10-2012, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by alwayslearning
    My first concern is your security on the Internet. How did they get your email address? Why did you open mail from someone you do not know? I do not open mail from senders I do not recognize. I move it to SPAM. It looks like you were lucky this time, but please be more cautious in the future. There are many people on this Board who have had huge problems because of viruses and malware received from innocent looking email.
    That was my first thought!
    Old 02-10-2012, 04:53 PM

I have these rulers but do not like them. Got them last year in Houston but they are flimsy and a little cumbersome to use for me. Each to their own. You never know until you try it.
    Old 02-10-2012, 06:54 PM

I have two of the 6 x 12 connectible rulers. So far I am very happy with them. I put them together and use the built in guide to set up cutting my strips and sub cuts. They seem to be accurate and I love that I can easily unattach them and pack them to bring to classes but still have a 24" ruler where ever I go.

At one point I did buy the scant 1/4 inch seam guide. I have it around, but never used it. I don't even know where the instructions are anymore.