Dollar Store Hand Lotion

Old 04-16-2012, 06:30 AM

Never thought of doing this, i will have to try, thank you for all the great tips
Old 04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

LouAnn's coconut oil found in most grocery stores is not worth buying. It is expelled using solvents. Buy the organic expeller pressed or virgin coconut oil. Walmart here has the pint jars of it and it's in all health food or whole food stores. The oil is like butter, it melts instantly on your skin. I buy it by the gallon online because I use it for frying and baking.
Old 04-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Power Poster

Hemorrhoid cream has been used by models/stars for years. Now expensive creams can be bought but it's the same stuff just different smell.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:32 AM

Check out this link:
http://www.missinformationblog.com/2...tion-bars.html
I made these for the women in a soup group I belong to. I added vanilla scent - the kind you use to make lotion, soap, etc, not vanilla flavoring that you cook with - and put them in rigid baking cups that stand up on their own, they are very shallow and kind of waxy so they hold up to the wet liquid. Then I wrapped them in waxy paper (I got the cups and paper at Michaels) and sealed them shut with a sticker. Fun project and it made a lot of small bars.
Old 04-16-2012, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
my step dtr Nurse just told me about coconut oil she got at the grocery store. she said it's not really an oil, more of a paste. it makes her hands extremely soft by just rubbing in a small amount. I'm thinking of getting some to help with my hubby's dry feet and ankles he has problems with now that his legs and feet are swelling from inactivity. she added nothing, just used the coconut "paste".
Have him try vaseline on his feet first. Someone here posted that her doctor told her to use vaseline only on her feet. I tried it, got my sister and brother to try it, and it works better than anything else I tried (including coconut oil) over many years! Of course, you need to wear socks over the vaseline, but it works great!
Old 04-17-2012, 03:16 PM

When I was nursing and developed cracked nipples, the LaLeche League handbook recommended PURE lanolin. Our druggist ordered it for me and it was the best thing ever. Didn't smell that great (or bad, either) but it protected the skin.
That was 1970 so maybe something better's come along.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Ava View Post
I FOUND IT! Just one more page. Thanks everyone.
8 oz vaseline
8 oz vitiman e cream
16 oz baby lotion.
Yea, that's the one I remember. I found the vit. E cream at dollar general, the one here anyway.