Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Babylock Serenade owners: machine recommendation? >
  • Babylock Serenade owners: machine recommendation?

• Babylock Serenade owners: machine recommendation?

Old 04-17-2012, 10:58 AM

The screen tells you bobbin is low with a pic and it stops sewing, and a little beep. You can proceed to sew, but it will go off after a few or so stitches, cuz it knows the bobbin is low. My bobbin sensor comes on when there really is just a little thread left, so it is a nice thing to me. You might have already read in another post of mine, that bright direct sunlight was triggering my bobbin alert. I fixed that by lowering the blind a bit on my sliding door. (This only happened in early morning with my sliding door which faces east). No problem with normal bright daylight. I have the clear plexy glass table extension.

I think it must be a personal preference not to have the low bobbin alert, or the dilemma if it leaves too much thread. i haven't found that true in my case. I guess it just depends on if you would rather just be out of bobbin thread. I think my brother used to have that, and there were people who loved or hated it too, and some thought it left too much thread. I think I would inch along sometimes then too, just to finish off where I was.

I think you'll just have to test it and see what you think.

I am currently looking for another brother sewing embroidery combo, cuz I miss that machine too. This pfaff and a sewing embroidery combo and I should satisfied, right?

It is such a amazingly able computer machine, it sure does a lot.