Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Local Walmart >
  • Local Walmart

• Local Walmart

Old 05-01-2012, 06:45 AM
    Banned

did any of you notice that the dept are now getting back the yarn and supplies, AND they have DMC floss racks and embroidery kits again??
    Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 AM
    Power Poster

Jacquie I am glad to hear that about the floss racks and embroidery kits, because we really hadn't checked that out. We also were getting some other things we had to pick up, and got home late. I would love to find some embroidery floss there. I have some thanks to someone in the past who was a swap partner, and when they ask if there was something special I would like, I added the floss, because it was hard for me to find without traveling a long way. Since then we have finally found a nice fabric shop, but it's one hour away, so I won't be there until July, because I pass it when going to my Rhuematologist.
    Old 05-01-2012, 05:40 PM

Heck, I can't even get the WM closest to me to carry the yogurt I want...forget about fabric!! I live on the somewhat expensive side of town so I guess they think people over here don't sew...oh well, there are a couple fabric stores not too far away....
    Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM

The best thing I find in the fabric dept. at our Walmart is Warm & Natural batting for $6.97 a yd. That's about $3 less than JoAnn's (except when I can use a 50% off coupon, of course...) I haven't really looked at their fabrics, but I did notice the other day that the fabric department has been remodeled, so maybe I'll check it out.
    Old 05-01-2012, 05:47 PM

The WM near me is expanding to become another megalomart... It never had much of a fabric selection, though good with crafts. There is a lovely LQS less than a mile away on the same road. I worry that they'll get a good fabric dept and put the LQS out of business.
    Old 05-01-2012, 05:48 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by LauraRG
    The WM near me is expanding to become another megalomart... It never had much of a fabric selection, though good with crafts. There is a lovely LQS less than a mile away on the same road. I worry that they'll get a good fabric dept and put the LQS out of business.

I would not worry about that..the WM is really crappy!
    Old 05-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Our local Wal-Mart has always had a fabric dept.; I'm a relatively new customer in that dept. as my quilting bug just bit me last fall! Now I'm a regular supporter of their's! Our's has a great amount of cotton fabrics good for quilting; some is too thin, but that's a small selection. I can always find quilting fabrics of good quality at VERY reasonable prices (and I'm only about 14 miles away).
    Old 05-01-2012, 06:28 PM

Our Wal-Marts all (3) of them took out their fabrics. There was so much mail sent into the top people and they all got fabric back. They found out that quilters need to be listened to and heard. They got in a lot of nice fabric now.
    Old 05-01-2012, 06:34 PM

I was in walmart last week and they were doing strange things with the fabric and I asked if they were moving it or taking it out and they said that they were enlarging and adding embroidery and knitting/crochet. I was sooo worried that they were getting rid of it that I was actually relieved to hear that it was staying and getting bigger.
    Old 05-02-2012, 03:31 AM

We never lost our fabric dept, but some others around us did. I was told they are expanding the fab dept at out WM and some of the stores around us are getting their fab dept back. I am in Englewood, Fl