Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • Craftsy.com free BOM >
  • Craftsy.com free BOM

• Craftsy.com free BOM

Old 11-04-2012, 05:20 AM

I did the BOM too! I don't have any quilters in the family or a quilt shop in town so this is how I learned. Sorry, am learning, lol. But I found Missouri Star and this board and so much more through crafsty. So much fun! I signed up for the 2013 too. It's on her blog, adnil458. stitcherydickorydock.com.
    Old 11-04-2012, 05:29 AM

THANKS, shan70 !

In addition to this board, I am now addicted to Pinterest, accessible by pc, phone and iPad. Don't know when I will sew.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 AM

I also did the BOM. I started in August and did two or three months each month. I only have the last two blocks, paper piecing, to finish. Then I'll be ready to assemble it. I'm debating on taking Leah Day's course on quilting the sampler, but not sure I want to fork over $30.00 to do so right now.
    Old 11-04-2012, 07:14 AM

No, like you I have them all printed out but not made yet. Hope she posts pics of the twins. We have twin grandbabies due in May -- really excited!
    Old 11-04-2012, 09:22 AM

I signed up for Craftsy BOM last January. I was able to keep up until I got a job and our twins began swim season. So I am a bit behind but the terrific thing is that these videos will be available forever for me to catch up. Hoping to finish this up soon...but now "girls swimming" is over but "boys swimming" starts in 3 weeks.
    I do like Amy's teaching methods and she is so good at explaining. I did learn many new techniques that I had not known before.
    I can't believe that she will have time to teach again with newborn twin sons. She must have a terrific babysitter.

I will definitely sign up on her blog for the new BOM classes. That seems to be the only way that I get things "almost" finished.

I force myself to remember that my children will graduate next year and I will be sad to be an empty nester---even though my DH will be here.
    Old 11-04-2012, 09:24 AM

On her blog there are pictures of her twin sons. She had a C-section early and the twins were born premature but all is well now--at least the last time that I read her blog.
    Old 11-04-2012, 10:05 AM

I've been doing this since May and am almost caught up. She does a wonderful job with instructions. A couple of them I didn't care for but they were all wonderfully taught. I hope she has more soon.
    Old 11-04-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat
    I also did the BOM. I started in August and did two or three months each month. I only have the last two blocks, paper piecing, to finish. Then I'll be ready to assemble it. I'm debating on taking Leah Day's course on quilting the sampler, but not sure I want to fork over $30.00 to do so right now.
    Leah is offering 50% off so you only have to pay little over $ 15.00 ( http://www.craftsy.com/class/free-mo.../116?ext=fmqas)
    I hope it's allowed to give this link, if not, admin please remove it.
    Old 11-04-2012, 02:54 PM

I started the Craftsy BOM in January. I have learned so much by making each of the blocks! Today, I started piecing my blocks together. I have almost finished the quilt top. I have signed up for Leah Day's class and hope I will be able to FMQ my quilt. I enjoyed the Craftsy BOM so much that I have signed up for Amy's 2013 BOM.
    Old 11-09-2012, 01:48 AM

I signed up too and working on my practice piece now. I never thought I could do paisley but I'm trying and I think I'm getting there, thanks to Leah and her clear instructions!