Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Links and Resources
  • I found Vera Bradley fabrics sold by the yard... >
  • I found Vera Bradley fabrics sold by the yard...

• I found Vera Bradley fabrics sold by the yard...

Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 AM
    Power Poster

I order from Vera Bradley online. There are 50% - 60% off sales, especially on the discontinued fabric bags. The workmanship and quality are excellent on every bag I have bought. The large duffle is a must have for me and makes great gifts for the hard to buy for girls and ladies. My grandaughter loves VB. It's really the in thing right now for high school girls in this area. As long as I can buy for half off I don't want to make a bag. I couldn't do as expertly made as they are.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 01-25-2013 at 10:05 AM.
    Old 01-25-2013, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Sandygirl
    With all of the gorgeous quilting fabric in our local quilt shops WHY would anyone want to buy Vera Bradley fabric? Where is our "originality" ?

Sandy
    I have to disagree. I personally am interested in the fabrics for backings. Vera Bradley has some very unique prints that I would love to have on the reverse of a quilt. I am not into quilted bags or accessories so a pre-quilted piece of Vera Bradley wouldn't peak my interest at all but that is me. Just because you don't like something does not mean that others may not and it does not justify an attack on other people's creativity or originality.
    Old 01-25-2013, 11:23 AM

I just had a customer quilt where the salvages had been left on the edges of the backing and it said the fabric was made in Japan. It was new fabric too and very good quality.

Originally Posted by Geri B
    Unfortunately, I do believe most if not all fabric is "made" in China these days.....how about the batiks...these are done somewhere in the mideast or some third world island somewhere are they not??????
    Old 01-25-2013, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by topstitch
    I just had a customer quilt where the salvages had been left on the edges of the backing and it said the fabric was made in Japan. It was new fabric too and very good quality.
    When I said that most fab is produced in China, I did mean it to mean it was inferior quality...I just meant it is a shame that we no longer produce fabric in mills here like we used to. Another thing we have to depend on another country to provide us with....I guess that is global economy 101.
    Old 01-26-2013, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
    I have to disagree. I personally am interested in the fabrics for backings. Vera Bradley has some very unique prints that I would love to have on the reverse of a quilt. I am not into quilted bags or accessories so a pre-quilted piece of Vera Bradley wouldn't peak my interest at all but that is me. Just because you don't like something does not mean that others may not and it does not justify an attack on other people's creativity or originality.
    I stand corrected. Thank you.
    Sandy
    Old 01-26-2013, 05:28 AM

Also, did you notice how wide this fabric is!!!! 58" how nice!
    Old 01-26-2013, 12:59 PM

wouldn't let that stop me i ordered from south korea and got beautiful fabric and shipping was a mere $3
    Old 01-26-2013, 02:49 PM

Not to be a downer, however, it is likely counterfeit.
    Old 01-26-2013, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Vicki W
    Not to be a downer, however, it is likely counterfeit.
    It probably is AUTHENTIC. I live in the city that Vera Bradley started in. The company was one of the largest emplyer in our city. A few years back the company decided to outsource to CHINA. Though there is still an large office here and a smaller production plant about 30 minutes south of our city, it was a huge blow to our economy.
    Old 01-26-2013, 03:14 PM

Please look closely at the website, counterfeit goods come from China all the time. If intercepted, the goods will be destroyed. If the price is significantly lower than you can buy at a legitimate source, you are dealing with a counterfeiter buy at your own risk.