Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • 70th Anniversary gift >
  • 70th Anniversary gift

• 70th Anniversary gift

Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 PM

I like the quilted photo album cover idea. That's probably better than mine. I did a 3 block double wedding ring quilt with their wedding photo and their 50th anniversary photo, and their names and dates in the middle block. I'm thinking about how you'll like to look at it after they're gone.
    Old 02-21-2013, 04:34 PM

Is your father or mother a veteran? If so contact their senator or congressman's office about obtaining a flag that has been flown over the capital in their honor. This would be a special gift that could be given to them at the party and pictures could be added to the album.
    Old 02-21-2013, 04:42 PM

I think that no matter what you do, it will be a special day. Maybe you can send their picture in to the TODAY show and have them featured both ways as 90 year old dad and 70 year marriage! I think it is great. They must be really special people. Congratulations to them both!
    Old 02-21-2013, 05:32 PM

70 years is a big dang deal. Congratulations to them! You are a very lucky person to have parents who have loved each other for so long.
    Old 02-21-2013, 05:44 PM
    Power Poster

Happy anniversary to your parents. Good luck with your project. That is really something to have parents married that long
    Old 02-22-2013, 10:35 AM

Thank you, pdcakm, so much for the site to go to. You all are awesome for all the ideas. They are all great & I will be using many of them. The 60th quilt I made them had a double wedding ring in gold with their wedding photo in one side & an up dated in the other. Where the rings hooked together had their wedding announcement from the paper. That was really fun trying to get all that without them knowing anything. Kids can be so sneaky. LOL We feel so lucky to still have them both & together. Dad is still busy as ever (I think that keeps him going) from day light to dark & is still driving with no trouble. He does all the cooking, cleaning & shopping as Mom has lost most of her sight due to two strokes. When he is not doing that, he is building something. He is now busy building a horse drawn Dr's carriage. All he had in materials was the springs. He is building all the rest from scrap wood & can make any part he needs. It is awesome looking so far. Keeping himself busy is what keeps him going. Thanks again everyone for your help. If anyone else has ideas, please keep them coming.
    Blessings to all.
    Old 02-22-2013, 04:30 PM

I will second the suggestion that people who are close to your parents and will be coming to the party are told in advance that you will be making a "memory book" of sorts for them. This will encourage people to find old pictures or jot down memories of activities with your folks from the past. You might even send letter sized fancy stationery to them to write on or attach pictures and then bring to the celebration for you to include in the album you are making.

Best wishes to your parents for a wonderful anniversary--and a "Happy 90th" to your Dad!

Last edited by Pinkiris; 02-22-2013 at 04:33 PM.
    Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 AM

How about pillows with any scraps from the previous quilts or one that would go with the quilts.