Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
koala cabinet opinions wanted >

koala cabinet opinions wanted

koala cabinet opinions wanted

Old 03-01-2013, 08:51 PM

I have it and I LOVE it! I got the higher one so I could use it for my cutting table as well and it works so well my mom bought herself one too. It has a shelf at your feet so you can reach your foot pedal. Yes it was pricey, and I had to really save for it, but oh so worth it! The company was great too. I had a little nick in one of the side arm table tops and they sent me a new one, no questions asked, and I received it within the week.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:25 PM

Go for it if you can afford it.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:21 AM

I, too, have had a Koala cabinet and chair for 12 years. At the time I purchased them, I thought they were expensive. Now, I feel they were worth every cent. I love them! I also have a Koala cutting table that I couldn't do without. Both the cabinet and table look like new although I use them daily. I would definitely make that purchase. You will so enjoy using the cabinet and chair!

Last edited by franc36; 03-02-2013 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:56 AM

I used to design office spaces and sell commercial furniture. It is all about ergonomics. If the furniture supports the task, you are more productive. Office furniture, like living space furniture, evolves and supports the task...thinking our television set ups over the decades as well as stereo equipment. Sewing furniture is no different. If you can afford to buy the Koala, buy it! I am envious myself but if I was shopping for any sewing furniture, I would want at least a desk that allows for the sewing machine to be recessed to be the same height as the table top. Less strain on shoulders. You will get that with your set up!

Fortunately for me, I found a great sewing desk at a garage sale that fit this purpose and oh boy, what a difference it has made !!! Sure beats my 10$ banquet table with the extension table on the machine....too high! Less strain.

It does not stop be from drooling over Koala,etc tho. It is a long term investment that you will love! Do post pics!!

Congratulations!!

Sandy
Old 03-02-2013, 12:23 PM

Thanks so much for your help. The extra height was to make it more comfortable to work at. I have to measure the height of my current table when I get home to see if I really want to add the 3". The free shipping was also a bonus since shipping anything is expensive. I looked at one cabinet made of wood, but the vendor said I wouldn't be able to get it until the same time next year...too long for me to wait. DH offered to build me one, but he's already building several other pieces of furniture...didn't want to add to the list. Anyway...thanks again. I knew this was the spot to go to for help and honest opinions.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:58 PM

I have it and love it too. I originally got it to go with my Bernina 440. I know have an 830 and ordered a new acrylic inset and have problems with the way the machine sits. I know the 830 is much larger than a 440 but I wouldn't have thought I would be sitting up against the support where the lift control sits.

I'm going to have to have my insert custom made but I still think it's worth it. The only thing I wish I had done was gotten the extra 3 inches. I stand 5 ft 4 1/2 inches and I think it would be more comfortable to me.

Also, I might would have gone with the sewmate instead. I love having the extra storage but I end up losing the entire right hand side for quilting.

Otherwise I love my cabinet!!!
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 PM

Their quality far surpasses some of the other brands, which is why they are so costly, I would buy one if and when I can afford it because they are so lovely. I always drool over them at the quilt shows, but I am paying off my machine which cost as much as my car so I don't have fund for one but if I did I would get one in a heartbeat
Old 03-02-2013, 06:06 PM

Before you lay out that kind of money, go online and look at the Perfexxion line of cabinets. I have one and I love it...it's huge, about 10-11 feet at the main stretch, then 2-4 foot sides that can all be folded up into a neat 60" long cabinet if you're so inclined. Mine stays open in it's own little room, all the time. And usually, if there's someone close to you who carries it, they MAY price-match. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:10 PM

Koala cabinet's are the best on the market. They will last a life time. If I was in the market for a sewing cabinate I would buy one for sure !
Old 03-02-2013, 08:36 PM

I love my Koala sewing room cabinets! The extra heights mean you arent bending over! Go for it, they are quality cabinets and will last forever!