Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • I am a human magnet for quilting gadgets! >
  • I am a human magnet for quilting gadgets!

• I am a human magnet for quilting gadgets!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:26 PM

What a hoot! You go girl.
    Old 03-29-2013, 11:27 PM

Now I am also a magnet for quilting gadgets and books. I definitely have more rulers triangle rulers etc than the local quilt shop. How do I know being a friend she says so. If someone after or looking for a ruler Dotty will have one.
    Books are another gadget I can't resist, bought a new bookcase at end of last year. HELP it is full. Do I read them yes and remember what I saw problem which book. Do others have these problems.
    Old 03-30-2013, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    Haha! I have a cabinet full of gadgets too! You don't happen to have the prairie pointer tool that you would like to get rid of do you? http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Be-With.../dp/B004495XO6
    Oh, I want one of those,too.I'm a magnet, too!
    Old 03-30-2013, 04:04 AM
    Power Poster

I too am a gadget attractor, for all types of crafts. My niece once observed that our hobby wasn't DOING crafts, our hobby was BUYING craft supplies.
    Old 03-30-2013, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn
    Haha! I have a cabinet full of gadgets too! You don't happen to have the prairie pointer tool that you would like to get rid of do you? http://www.amazon.com/Pieces-Be-With.../dp/B004495XO6

Auntpigglyn... You are not helping, you are enabling. LOL now I added that gadget to my amazon wish list. I am trying to only buy fabrics and stencils and thread. Books and gadgets are always calling my name.
    Old 03-30-2013, 06:49 AM

That's right. My hobby is buying quilting supplies and gadgets not using them.

Then my hubby asks the most innane questions like "What's the difference berween this gadget and that gadget? They look the same to me" He actually thinks I should know how to use them. Or the other classic--"When did you use this one last?" Well I made a baby quilt for Lexie with it. (Me being so proud!!) Isn't Lexie graduating this year. Well yes but I will need it again when she has a baby.

Then there is the problem of covers and cords. These things are like Tupperware. You have the bottom but not the lid or the machine but not the cord.

One last little box of doo dads, I need to vac under the sewing machine cabinet, better known as the Bermuda triangle for sewing machine feet and seam rippers, and then I am done.

I will post pics.
    Old 03-30-2013, 06:54 AM

So glad I'm not alone! I only have 4 irons and so much other stuff I forget what I have. I do machine embroidery as well as quilting so that just doubles the "stuff" that I need.
    Old 03-30-2013, 06:59 AM

OMG, Ya'll are keeping me in stitches Please don't let me feel this way in 20 years.
    Old 03-30-2013, 07:06 AM

Sounds like heaven to me. Thanks for the laugh, I think we can all identify wether its fabric, gadgets or whatever. Right now I have two bedrooms that look like a fabric explosion took place.
    Old 03-30-2013, 07:11 AM

Is this a "club" called gadget anon? If so sign me up. I have rulers that I bought and have never seen again, let alone used. I think my hobby is buying gadgets and books. I cleaned out my sewing room and gave away 4 big boxes of books a couple of years ago. I now have 4 shelves on my bookcases full of books. There is no hope for any of us. We need to just give in and collect things in the hope that someday we will need it and in the hope we will remember that we already have that particular tool or ruler and not buy another. Been there done that, too.
    Sue