Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Anybody do their own Kid's Haircuts >
  • Anybody do their own Kid's Haircuts

• Anybody do their own Kid's Haircuts

Old 06-08-2013, 12:47 PM

My husband use to cut my boys hair. The style then was the bowl cut and yup...he used a bowl ; )
    Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 PM

I have never cut anyone of my kids hair or my husband. My husband is now bald with so peach fuzz on the sides so it doesn't matter and one son has his wife shave his head.

Pat in MN
    Old 06-08-2013, 01:18 PM

I use to cut my kids hair. My FIL cut my DH's hair while I watched. I wanted to be a barber in my younger life, but that was unheard of then. When my FIL passed away my DH went to a barber, and when he came home I told him it didn't look like he had gotten even a trim. He said maybe that's why the barber told him to come back in a couple of weeks. Needless to say I started cutting his hair. The only difference between a good haircut and a bad one is 3 days. LOL Now my DH doesn't have to worry about that , he can wash his face, and his head. BALD.
    Old 06-08-2013, 01:48 PM
    Power Poster

I cut my son's hair till his mid to late teens. Not every time mind you but often. My husband won't let me near his!
    Old 06-08-2013, 01:56 PM

I cut my son's - 8 yrs old and DHs too!
    Old 06-08-2013, 02:23 PM

Default hair cuts

Originally Posted by newbee3
    I cut my husbands hair and have for over 30 years now
    ok ladies I do hair for my living,I;ve also corrected quite a few mess ups to hair cuts and other things evey one dose at home this is the reason why there is a price, and we had to pay an price also thanks for letting me air this out!!! Mundy
    Old 06-08-2013, 02:38 PM

I've been cutting hair since I was 15 YOA. My mother was a beautician and didn't want to pay anyone to cut her hair. So she taught me how to cut hair, I cut her hair for many years. I also cut my 2 sons hair until they got married and then their spouses cut their hair. I still cut my husbands hair, and a few friends - I have saved them a lot of money, and they love the way I cut their hair.
    Old 06-08-2013, 03:11 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mundy

ok ladies I do hair for my living,I;ve also corrected quite a few mess ups to hair cuts and other things evey one dose at home this is the reason why there is a price, and we had to pay an price also thanks for letting me air this out!!! Mundy
    LOL Bless you!!! I haven't had to have one corrected yet - once my favorite beautician - Ralph - was cutting my hair and he said he loved cutting my hair because it looked good even when he messed it up. ARGH!

Along the lines of cleaning up after the do it your self folks... My husband is a handyman and I always have answered most of the phone calls. One time a lady called up and said she REALLY wanted to make her husband call but he was too embarrassed. Well it seems their sky light had a leak. So the man fixed it himself. With duct tape. The duct tape failed.
    Old 06-08-2013, 07:11 PM

I have cut DH's hair for over 40 years now. I also used to cut my son's hair up until he was a junior or senior in high school. I remember the first time he went to a barber to have his hair cut. I did not know he was going. I was sitting in the high school auditorium, and he walked out on stage to play in the band concert and I saw that he had his hair cut by someone else. Not me! I just about cried right there! The school principal and his wife were sitting with me, or I probably would have cried.

Son went to a barber after that for a couple years. Then he started cutting his own hair.

I cut my own hair most of the time also.

It sure does save a LOT of money over the years!
    Old 06-08-2013, 09:28 PM

I cut the kids hair when they were young. Now, they do it themselves! DH has gone to the same sytlist for almost 20 years, and I cut my own hair all the time. When the boys were in high school "frosting/tipping" hair was really "popular" but so expensive. I used to buy one box of blonde dye for $5.00, my sons would have their friends come over, and I'd "tip" their hair for free....I could do 4-6 guys with one box!! My SIL was a hairdresser so she's give me extra bonnets to use!!