Am I the only one ....

Old 07-04-2013, 03:34 AM

OK, mystery is solved. It's Firefox 22.0. Litterally they fixed it till they broke it. I emailed a friend from a shooting forum that does computer work. He told me that the current Firefox blocks certain Java and html features that make pages look like this one. Some kind of security feature. So, if you are on Firefox and want to continue visiting QB, do not update to 22.0 until Firefox fixes their fix.

Joe
Old 07-04-2013, 07:46 AM

Part of what you're seeing is Firefox isn't "rendering" the theme that QB uses correctly.

Sometimes this can be speed related (I've noticed that the QB is very slow to load lately, and some days just fails outright forcing you to try again. This can be your connection, the QBs connection, how much traffic there is on the QB at the time causing the QB servers to be a little slow to respond to you... )

Other times it's because something is broken or turned off in firefox (or IE, or Chrome, etc, they all suffer from it) - Java, sometimes people will turn off image loading, etc.

If it's speed related, reloading the page should work. If something's turned off or broken, obviously more work is required.

I'd say that the IE image you have up there is speed related, it loaded some but not all of the images.

The firefox issue is a "Rendering" issue, and could be speed if refreshing had fixed it, but as you say, it's more likely that FF broke more than they fixed. I ignored the update for now, just because I use sandboxie and didn't feel like getting out of it to update. Now I'm glad I did.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:19 AM

I'm on Google Chrome and I've had problems with the forum today. Specifically, when I tried to post a response, it asked me if I was sure I wanted to leave the page. If I said no, we went around again, and when I said yes, it dumped me back to the thread - with the post I had made already posted.