Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What color to paint quilt room >
  • What color to paint quilt room

• What color to paint quilt room

Old 09-30-2013, 11:10 AM

Mine is a light blue with white cabinets and trim

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
    Old 09-30-2013, 11:12 AM
    Banned

a light color - neutral and one that will not effect reflecting the color of the fabric you will work.
    Light for just that - light.....neutral to not effect other colors in the room.
    I believe any color other than white will distort other colors, just as the type light bulbs you use effect color.
    Old 09-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Mine is a white color called "popcorn." When I first moved into the room (basement actually) I consulted with a local interior designer and asked her what color I could use on the walls that would not reflect on and distort the fabric colors on my design wall. She suggested this color and it's terrific. I would love to have had a pretty color on the walls like a peach or lavender, but decided to go with something non-reflective instead. Whatever color your choose, make sure it's one you can live with for a long time because it's a real pain to have to move everything out of the way to re-paint after getting everything set up in your sewing room -- and take so much time away from your sewing time while you're painting and reorganizing everything!
    Old 09-30-2013, 02:27 PM

I just painted my new room in Benjamin Moore Standish White- it is a very pale yellow with white trim and white cabinets. A good choice for me.
    Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 PM

I have 4 light fixtures that have 4 bulbs in each one and they are natural sunlight bulbs. This room use to be my Hair salon that I have converted to my quilt room. It have french doors and a window. I really like yellow and sea colors but wasnt sure if that would reflect colors on to the fabrics... the guest room is Auqa and I love it in fact i would move in it if it weren't so small. Thank you for the in put.
    Old 09-30-2013, 03:12 PM

I used a pale beige sort of "whitewashed" on to tone down the yellow of the plywood walls but still let the wood grain show through.
    The floor is the neutral stone look stick on tile.
    I have two windows and a window in the door. Plus nice shop type fluorescent light fixtures too. So plenty of light.
    Old 09-30-2013, 03:18 PM
    Power Poster

My walls are a "cool" pale pink, with white trim, shelves, doors, etc. Also have 4 big windows as well.
    Old 09-30-2013, 03:26 PM

I love peachy colors, but realized I shouldn't paint my sewing room a peach color because it could interfere with color perception, despite the large window and excellent lighting. So instead, I took my favorite peach color, and had the shop start "cutting" it with a white base. I went through 4 modifications before I had the look I wanted: just a hint of peach. The floor was already a light tile with a hint of peach and rust, so it's just gorgeous (in my mind anyway). If I have a question about color, I take the fabrics outside and examine them in natural light, but that's not usually an issue. I just couldn't bear white walls, and the touch of peach makes the room so cozy and nice to be in.
    Old 09-30-2013, 09:35 PM

Mine is a very light pale pink ... so light it looks like it is a very light sand color.

Pick a color that energizes YOU. Then you will love being in the sewing room. You may want to borrow a friend, hold one at a time different paint chips, hold out your other hand 90 degrees to the side. While you hold the paint chip in the other hand have your friend try top push your uplifted arm down. When you get firm resistance to the friend's push then you have a paint color you would like. You can try this with material too.
    Old 09-30-2013, 09:51 PM

I picked a very pale yellow. It looks almost white during the day, but in the evenings it glows a warm, soft buttery color. I love it.