New addition to my collection

Old 01-16-2014, 07:56 AM

Location: Cabin at the lake.. on my way to Brunswick as soon as the house is complete

Hi Blackberry, I am back in Raytown ...still packing things from my mother in laws house to move to GA. There a a couple of thrift stores out in Independence, MO that I stop by when I am in the area and I found the singer on CL.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM

She's just simply elegant!
Old 01-16-2014, 09:24 AM

I think it was done during the war (WW2), when production was very limited due to lack of raw materials. Singer required any refurbished machine needed the Singer emblem removed or covered up (I've seen a few painted, most are simply removed). A lot of treadle machines were converted to electric, refurbished and sold as "reconditioned" machines.

So all you really know is it started out looking very different - but it should still work just fine.

Cathy
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM

there are some really neat places to check out around Atlanta GA - we managed to pick up 4-5 machines while visiting our kids last October. Had the car packed to the gills for the trip home, and then picked up three more treadle heads in NE, but at least by then we were only five hours from home.

Found some I loved in the Port Girardeau area of MO - but alas, no room (we had to leave room for the ones in NE that I had arranged to pick up)
Old 01-16-2014, 09:32 AM

Location: Cabin at the lake.. on my way to Brunswick as soon as the house is complete

I am looking forward to be settled in GA and able to scout out the area between Atlanta, Savannah and Jacksonville, FL. There are tons of small rural towns that have to be loaded with great old machines. My DH is in GA now and I on occasion send him out to look at machines I find on CL there.

Thank you for the info.

Linda