Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Craftsy Classes >
  • Craftsy Classes

• Craftsy Classes

Old 02-06-2014, 09:57 AM

I Love Craftsy. Usually get them on sale. If you put a class on the wish list, when it comes on sale, they let you know. Love there classes, besides showing how to do a project, it also gives you free written instructions plus the patterns.
    Old 02-06-2014, 09:59 AM
    Power Poster

I've taken several classes and learned from them, enjoyed them too. And I've gone back to them for review. Craftsy has a money back guaranty, so if you don't think you have gotten your money's worth, you can get a refund. I started a class that I thought would be for longarm quilters, and it turned out to be taught on a DSM. I wasn't interested in that one, but got a prompt refund. As others have pointed out, there are frequent sales. I haven't always cared for the free classes, but hey - they're free!
    Old 02-06-2014, 10:08 AM

I highly recommend craftsy classes. Cindy Needhams are my favorite for machine quilting. I love being able to go back to them anytime I want. I have taken many, and all have been good. Some are better than others, just depends on what you want to learn
    Old 02-06-2014, 10:15 AM

I'm a Craftsy fan and have enjoyed many of the classes. It's too far for me to travel for quilting lessons and with my memory not being what it used to be, it's nice to be able to repeat anytime you wish. The classes are well worth the $, in my opinion.
    Old 02-06-2014, 10:18 AM

I love the Craftsy classes! I get them when they are on sale and pay $19.99 or less per class. That is less expensive than books I used to purchase. I like the fact that I can watch them in my sewing room at any hour of the day or night. I don't have to pack things up and take them to my LQS. Also, I can watch them over and over if I need to. If you don't like the cost, sign up for free classes such as the 2012 and 2013 BOM. I learned quite a bit from those two classes. This week, I got a holder for my iPad that puts it at eye level so that I can watch Leah Day as I practice her FMQ.
    Old 02-06-2014, 10:41 AM

I like them but for some reason, I cannot sit through a class. I just hate watching long video on the computer. I wish they had a roku channel.
    Old 02-06-2014, 11:34 AM

I love the Craftsy classes because I can go back and re-view a section at any time. I do it often, too. I think they are really worth the money, and since they run so many sales, I have picked up a good array of classes for less than the cost of a couple classes at the LQS.
    Old 02-06-2014, 11:43 AM

I've taken three Craftsy classes, all of which I got on sale for between $10 and $15. Two of the classes came with downloadable eBooks that were worth more than the price of the class. I love it that I can return to any class or any lesson at any time. To me this is the type of thing that justifies the expense of owning a computer and the resulting monthly internet access fees.

Like the old commercial said: Try it, you'll like it! (That was Alka Seltzer, wasn't it?)
    Old 02-06-2014, 12:13 PM
    amh

I have taken many Craftsy classes from several different instructors.

Advantages: You can work at your own pace. If you missed something, you can go back and take the lesson again, which is something that you cannot do when you get home from an in person class and realize you missed some important information.

Disadvantage: I miss the comaraderie one has in a live class and sometimes you need someone to correct something you are doing.

There are several free classes where many techniques are taught which you can try out. Any in person class I have taken has been far more expensive. Give one a try and see what you think.
    Old 02-06-2014, 12:33 PM

I like the classes but wait for them to have a big sale ($19.99 )…I have taken a couple of Jennie Doan's classes and really like them…...