Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you do free motion qulting? >

Do you do free motion qulting?

Do you do free motion qulting?

Old 08-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Power Poster

You do beautiful work. I will be checking your blog frequently to see what you come up with next. I usually SID first, then FM. I've only been doing it for about a year. I do large quilts on my home sewing machine, but I do them in sections, usually 3-5 sections for a king or queen quilt. That's as much as I want to handle at one time.

I'm finding that most of the filler designs look best when quilting is really close together, but I usually don't want my quilt to be densely quilted. It looks good, but I don't care for the feel as much, and it takes so much more time. I don't care for mattress-style meandering, so I usually wind up with leaves, loose spirals, scribbles, occasional feathers... Do you have any suggestions for less dense patterns?

You mentioned having seen the bananas before - I've seen them in one of Diane Gaudynski's books.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:40 AM
k3n
Power Poster

What a great blog, Leah! So far, I've only done meandering on the machine (I have always hand quilted) but I'm definitely going to try some of these! Your directions are so clear and along with the videos, I'm sure even I can master this! Thanks so much! :D