Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
  • Your Electric-to-Treadle Conversion Experience. . >
  • Your Electric-to-Treadle Conversion Experience. .

• Your Electric-to-Treadle Conversion Experience. .

Old 08-29-2014, 10:12 AM

That one's a beauty. Did you do anything with the rust spot? It doesn't look quite right for pin rash. At least it isn't right on top the decals. The machine looks great other than that one spot.
    IIRC one of the members here (Glenn maybe?) made a paint by mixing shellac and black pigment to fill in areas like that.
    Other black paints built up to fill it in would probably work too. A little shellac over the top would help everything blend in.
    Rodney
    Old 08-29-2014, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by yobrosew
    Your Electric-to-Treadle Conversion Experience. .
    How, when, where, what led you treadle-rs to that moment you knew you wanted a treadle machine ....
    After looking at your thread title and opening line again a little more closely, I see that you’re talking about the “operator” converting from electric to treadle. I can’t really tell from your OP, but are you now thinking about going to a treadle machine, or have you already gone?

At first glance, I thought you were talking about taking a machine from electric to treadle, a different kind of conversion experience. Once I had converted myself to treadle, I converted two of my electric machines to treadle operation too.

CD in Oklahoma
    Old 08-29-2014, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by ThayerRags
    After looking at your thread title and opening line again a little more closely, I see that you’re talking about the “operator” converting from electric to treadle. I can’t really tell from your OP, but are you now thinking about going to a treadle machine, or have you already gone?

At first glance, I thought you were talking about taking a machine from electric to treadle, a different kind of conversion experience. Once I had converted myself to treadle, I converted two of my electric machines to treadle operation too.

CD in Oklahoma
    I was talking about the person converting however I also was talking around Boardtown of converting a 60's machine to treadle and ended up someplace beautiful -- just acquired a FR White in mission treadle. Right now this is my only machine (I have been machineless for several weeks; long story) and I will still get the 60's non-straight stitch machine but keep her electric. Well, until I find one I want to treadle with.