Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sandwiching batting and backing  to quilt top >

Sandwiching batting and backing to quilt top

Sandwiching batting and backing to quilt top

Old 12-08-2014, 08:00 AM
Power Poster

This is a great series of videos. She has other helpful ones also. I have a 6' banquet table my one machine (portable)sets on. I spoke with a friend who uses this method and she swears by it. She starts in the middle then moves side to side. She also uses a banquet table. Easy to fold and put away.
Originally Posted by Scissor Queen View Post
Go watch Sharon Schamber's quilt basting video on youtube. This is part one, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwNylePFAA Be sure and watch part 2.
Old 12-08-2014, 08:54 AM

I use my dining room table, with the protective pads down on it, just use blue painters tape to tape the back down, then spray and sandwich smoothing by hand as I go.
Old 12-08-2014, 09:09 AM

Does anyone sandwich their quilts on a ping pong table? Have been thinking of purchasing an inexpensive one to do this.
Old 12-16-2014, 12:48 PM

I would love to have the room to use a ping pong table.
Old 12-16-2014, 04:27 PM

misseva - I always say that I need to have a ping pong table too! But I don't have the room for it either. Basting spray is awesome
Old 12-16-2014, 05:18 PM

Years ago my father purchased a large piece of wood. I think it was 8 feet by 8 feet. I had him trim it, but wish I had left it whole. It is 6' x 4'. He covered it with adhesive shelf liner. I lay that on the dining room table. I use inexpensive clips I purchased from Home Depot. There were 25 cents each - probably a little more now. They open wide enough to clamp the layers to the board and have plastic tips so they don't bite into the fabric. If the quilt is bigger than the board, I clip half and attaché all three layers with basting spray or pins, then unclip, move it up and do the remainder of the quilt.

Home Depot does not charge to cut wood to the size you want. They say only cut one piece out of each board, but I have had nice employees cut two pieces. Take all the left over pieces, you may come up with a use for them later.

I can slide the large board behind the furniture when not in use.