Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Need advice on fabric flaws >
  • Need advice on fabric flaws

• Need advice on fabric flaws

Old 02-20-2015, 06:20 PM

I, too, would contact Moda - I've always been impressed with their products and I believe they would stand behind any and all of their fabrics - they are listed as United Notions in Texas or www.UnitedNotions.com - also I would contact Keepsake Quilting - they should have a record of your purchase - I am sure they would want to make you happy too. Please let us know what happens in this case. Good luck.
    Old 02-20-2015, 07:05 PM

Good suggestion Jan and Otis! I agree that both should be contacted and document the flaws by sending pics. Do not do anything else with the fabric and see how they respond. Hope they resolve the situation for you.
    Old 02-20-2015, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    Jan, you are so helpful and know just about anything we all have problems with or know where to find the answers.
    I admire so much, how on top of so many subjects. Thankyou

We should have an Encyclopedia of Jan
    peace
    I agree with you.
    Old 02-20-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
    We should have an Encyclopedia of Jan
    She's SuperJan, although she doesn't like it when I call her that. Okay - SuperModestJan!
    Old 02-20-2015, 08:22 PM

I was just flipping thru a KQ magazine today. I also notice (it is on the back of their order form page) "The Keepsake No-Quibble Guarantee". It states, in bold in the paragraph, "If you are not happy with any item, for any reason, at any time, please return it to us for a refund or exchange. No quibbling, no delay, no problem.". The last sentence of the paragraph says, "We value your friendship and trust above all".
    That being said, I would contact them and give them a chance to Not Quibble.
    Old 02-20-2015, 09:42 PM

Location: Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.

Peckish Peggi! You are a hoot!

Actually I HAVE begun a file on my thoughts for a book on tips and tricks of my quilting life. Don't have a clue how long this will take as I have one more big surgery - on my low back - coming up in April or May - so just bear with me; it might be a couple of years!! I'm such a procrastinator, but at my 70th at the end of January, I realized - like Mary Ellen Hopkins used to say - "Honey, there just isn't all that much time left!"

Jan in VA
    Old 02-21-2015, 12:37 AM
    Power Poster

Get publishing Jan! Do you think part of this problem is that it was from the end of a bolt? Anyway, I would contact 'whoever' and see if you can't get them to refund/send you more. Big black marks, slubs and random colours aren't really something you should have to put up with.
    Old 02-21-2015, 04:16 AM

I would contact KQ - my experience is that they have very good service. A friend recently contacted Moda with a problem with precuts and was referred back to the shop she purchased them from - kind of a problem since she bought them at a show.
    Old 02-21-2015, 04:49 AM

My experience with Moda has not been as positive as what many of you seem to have experienced. Mostly they tell customers to take it back where it was purchased... in other words, they wash their hands of the problem once it leaves their factory. So, unless you buy from a place that will take care of the problem, you're pretty well stuck with it. And then, often, the place where you purchased it tells you to contact Moda... so... catch 22? I'm just really not impressed with Moda for the prices they charge. I often avoid them for just that reason.
    Old 02-21-2015, 05:32 AM

Thanks to everyone weighing in on this. I'm going to contact KQ today. I'm not super-optimistic, being as how I tossed the receipt last week, but I'll give it a try. I'll also post some pictures today (if I can find the trick to keep them from being huge.).

Hugs,
    Charlotte