Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Recipes
  • sweet potato fries >
  • sweet potato fries

• sweet potato fries

Old 12-11-2015, 05:45 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by cashs_mom
    Sweet potatoes fries are a staple around here. I don't actually "fry" them though. I do them in the oven, so much healthier than frying. I cut the sweet potato in strips. Put a tablespoon (or so) of olive oil in a bowl. Add a dash of cayenne and toss the fries in the oil mixture. Bake in a 450 deg oven for 20 minutes and they're done.
    this is pretty much how I do them minus the cayenne.
    Old 12-11-2015, 07:41 AM

My husband does the cooking at our house - for about the last 10 or 12 years. He makes awesome spf. I asked him how he does it. He bakes store bought frozen ones on a pizza pan in the oven twice as long as the directions say to cook them. Some of them turn out pretty dark but they are still delicious and very crunchy! I love them. Even my Avatar, Josie Marie, loves them.
    Old 12-11-2015, 09:33 AM

*** I love them.
    *** I never meet a Sweet Potato that I did not like (fries, pies, casseroles, souffles, raw, etc).
    Old 12-11-2015, 11:20 AM
    Power Poster

This is the way we do them with the exception of the cayenne. We like to make them steak fry size. We keep sour cream on hand to dip.
    Sweet potatoes fries are a staple around here. I don't actually "fry" them though. I do them in the oven, so much healthier than frying. I cut the sweet potato in strips. Put a tablespoon (or so) of olive oil in a bowl. Add a dash of cayenne and toss the fries in the oil mixture. Bake in a 450 deg oven for 20 minutes and they're done.
    Old 12-11-2015, 05:40 PM

My favorites are at O'Charlie's with Red Robin taking second place. My at home remedy is Alexis Sweet Potato Fries in the frozen natural food section at Kroger's.
    Old 12-11-2015, 06:26 PM

Toss them in bowl with some olive oil, salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, paprika. I feel like mine take more than 20? I like them dark
    Old 12-13-2015, 07:50 AM

I make mine like Frizzle. I vary the spices. they are also good with a little sprinkle of cinnamon. Sometimes I just pulled different spices out of the cabinet and dump on whatever strikes my fancy that day. Baking them on a stone helps. We have them often. We have lots of sweet potatoes from our garden.

They are also good either cut as fries or cubed with a mixture of agave nectar and olive oil sprinkled with cinnamon. You can also use honey but we prefer the agave.