Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • your favorite quilting rulers? >
  • your favorite quilting rulers?

• your favorite quilting rulers?

Old 09-30-2016, 07:19 AM

I love the Olfa Frosted ones as well . My go to ruler is their 6x12 - I use it more than any other ruler - so much that I have had to purchase a new one. You will really like them
    Old 09-30-2016, 07:40 AM
    Power Poster

I like Creative Grids and Olfa Frosted. My favorite size is 8 1/2 x 24 by Creative Grids. I buy a lot of speciality rulers and they are usually of no specific brand. Fiskars new rulers (no orange) are not as sturdy as they use to be but have very clear black lines. I won't use the yellow line rulers. I gave all those away.
    Old 09-30-2016, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
    Olfa frost -- wish I'd bought several sizes at the time.
    That Patchwork Place Bias 8 square (which to my enormous regret they've stopped making. )

Jan in VA
    Oh no, that 8" bias square is my favorite - I have 3 of them (corner get a little shaved). Haven't tried the Olfa frosted, love the Creative because it doesn't slip, but I do find it harder to read.
    Old 09-30-2016, 11:20 AM
    Power Poster

Hey BB, I love the creative grids and Ada has a wonderful selection. The last time we went shopping I picked up two from her, a 6.5" square and a 6.5 x 24. She had better pricing then I have seen at most places.
    Old 09-30-2016, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    Hey BB, I love the creative grids and Ada has a wonderful selection. The last time we went shopping I picked up two from her, a 6.5" square and a 6.5 x 24. She had better pricing then I have seen at most places.
    Oh gosh--thanks for telling me. I've never looked at rulers there--too busy with fabric. :-)
    Old 09-30-2016, 05:05 PM

I am slowly replacing my old Olfa rulers with Creative grids. I like them better.
    Old 09-30-2016, 08:34 PM

I also am slowly replacing my omnigrid rulers-not liking all the yellow lines and cluttered surface. I have a couple of creative grid rulers that I like alot. I've been eyeing their 8 1/2 x 24 one for awhile now.
    Old 10-01-2016, 10:37 AM

For that size, standard 6 X 24 measuring ruler, there is nothing that can compare with Floriana's Quilters Select rulers. They positively, absolutely, DO NOT SLIP and you can easily see the markings and your fabric! Check LQS that carry Floriani products and if they don't have them, ask them to start...........(PS - Stitch N Time in Greencastle PA has started carrying these)
    Old 10-01-2016, 10:38 AM

Wait until you can find Quilters Select (made by Floriana).....I have just found these a couple of months ago and they are beyond wonderful!
    Old 10-01-2016, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by eparys
    I love the Olfa Frosted ones as well . My go to ruler is their 6x12 - I use it more than any other ruler
    The same here - I use that ruler ALL the time! I bought a bunch of Omnigrid rulers when I started quilting and I've also acquired a bunch of other miscellaneous brands (Quilt In A Day, Easy Rule, etc.) I bought a Creative Grids 12 1/2 square ruler and I don't care for it - too cluttered and the way it's numbered confuses me. I have a couple of CG specialty rulers that are OK because they're for specific things.

Once I bought that Olfa Frosted 6 x 12 ruler, I was hooked and I've started replacing my basic rulers with those. I just bought the 12 1/2" and 6 1/2" squares, and I'm planning on buying the 6 x 24 next pay day.

They're much more uncluttered and easier to read than CG rulers, don't slip, and the markings are clear on both dark and light fabrics.

Now...what should I do with all of those Omnigrids that I don't use any more?!?!

Last edited by SherylM; 10-01-2016 at 02:21 PM.