Marketing your products

Old 05-22-2017, 09:39 AM

I gave an RN one of my made tote bags. She took it to her job. By the end of the month I had 40 orders for tote bags. I did this in the fall when Christmas gift were starting to be on people's minds. The totes were simple to make. The nurse brought me the list of names and when I finished I delivered the bags. Same thing happened with a cute desk basket I made for an office worker. She took names for all those that wanted one in her office. I can't go into production of 100s to make so this way is the best way for me.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:09 AM

I sell my items and have for the last 3 years. I have several techniques I use for marketing them such as Twitter, FB, and buffer. I have over 5700 followers and without use of these the hits on my shop go down significantly.

I do make a huge amount of money - just enough to keep me sewing. I do not take special orders just make the things I like to. If they sell great, if not that is ok too. If you want more details about how I market my stuff PM.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:59 PM

I have a friend in my knitting group who sells on Etsy. She charges fair items for her knit and sewn items and seems to do very well. She has an attractive logo and business card. She is retired. I really don't know what she makes but I assume she is pleased since she continues to maintain her shop.