Embroidery Hoops

Old 12-16-2017, 01:29 PM

I traded in my D1 for the Viking Epic and picked up their largest hoop with it. Its 14 x 14 and I've run out of wall space so put screws into my ceiling joists to hang the largest hoops. Out of my way but close enough to grab them when I need them. Have them just above the machine. Put 2 screws for each hoop, set on each side of the joist so 2 hoops per joist. The smaller hoops are still on the pegboard but now I don't have to pull all of them off to get to the one that always seems to be the one in the back. Murphey's Law.
Old 12-16-2017, 02:19 PM

I made a hooping station with small bench from harbor freight and put command hooks on it to hang them
Old 12-17-2017, 05:19 AM

I have lots of them for my machines, I put a nail or hook in the wall to hang them on. Some are large enough that I can hang smaller ones inside of them. They also have templates for each size so I try to hang them together.
Old 12-17-2017, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Snooze2978
I traded in my D1 for the Viking Epic and picked up their largest hoop with it. Its 14 x 14 and I've run out of wall space so put screws into my ceiling joists to hang the largest hoops. Out of my way but close enough to grab them when I need them. Have them just above the machine. Put 2 screws for each hoop, set on each side of the joist so 2 hoops per joist. The smaller hoops are still on the pegboard but now I don't have to pull all of them off to get to the one that always seems to be the one in the back. Murphey's Law.
That's called good use of real estate, sometimes you have to be creative especially when you have lots of different things going on and I need to have my stuff where I can see them and get to them fast
Old 12-17-2017, 05:52 AM

Just bought myself a Brother Innovis 1500 yesterday (gently used) and as I was trying to find places for new supplies the hoops were my biggest issue, then this morning I stumbled across all your great tips. Thanks for sharing Everyone-now to find a manual for this machine, the lady I purchased it from can't find it.