Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Best way to package a quilt to give? >
  • Best way to package a quilt to give?

• Best way to package a quilt to give?

Old 02-01-2018, 03:31 PM

I make a tote out of fabric from the quilt. I then just present the quilt in the tote!
    Old 02-01-2018, 03:41 PM
    Power Poster

I have used white unscented trash bags, large gift bags, if I can get one big enough. I also have just folded them up and handed to the person. I don't know anyone that would care as long as they get a quilt.
    Old 02-01-2018, 06:52 PM
    Power Poster

Have someone put their hands over her eyes and then have several friends hold it up nicely. Make sure a camera is aimed at her face to get the reaction. Then let her see.
    Old 02-01-2018, 06:58 PM

Fold the quilt and then tie a large ribbon around it both ways and a neat bow on top. To me, the quilt is the star, it doesn't need much else.
    Old 02-01-2018, 07:03 PM

I have gifted a couple of quilts, one to a veteran injured in Afghanistan, and shipped one to a friend. The quilt I mailed to a friend I wrapped in two shades of tissue paper, tied it up with wide ribbon tied in a pretty bow. Attached to the wide ribbon with a small gold-colored safety pin is a sheet of stationery (parchment) folded in quarters printed with the recipient's name, together with laundering instructions, tied in a bow with narrow ribbon, secured together through a circular hole punched in the upper left-hand corner with a color catcher also punched in the upper left-hand corner and inside the folded stationery. Because the quilt was being shipped, I also placed it inside a clean white trash bag, and tied the bag shut to prevent moisture damage which could be caused by rainfall.

The quilt for the veteran, was also wrapped in tissue paper, no bow, but laundering instructions were included with the quilt. The wrapped quilt was placed in a box large enough to hold it and gift-wrapped, personally delivered to the veteran.

Last edited by Jeanette Frantz; 02-01-2018 at 07:05 PM. Reason: additional content
    Old 02-01-2018, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
    Have someone put their hands over her eyes and then have several friends hold it up nicely. Make sure a camera is aimed at her face to get the reaction. Then let her see.
    Totally agree!
    Old 02-01-2018, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
    This is my favorite! Last two quilts I gifted hid in the corner until TA-DA! one at the wedding reception, the other at a restaurant "shower".
    Old 02-01-2018, 08:02 PM

The last time I gave a quilt as a gift, I put it in a tote bag that was made for carrying groceries. It was inexpensive and fit my quilt perfectly. They come in various colors and fabrics, but I bought a cream colored canvas bag with large colorful dots. The tote bag made it easy for my friend to carry it home. These are located close to the doors in my Walmart.

Dina
    Old 02-01-2018, 08:35 PM

thanks for all the great suggestions. I am seeing some that I am liking. I agree, a quilt should be given in a lovely presentation.
    Old 02-01-2018, 10:13 PM

I typically buy the decorative boxes from Joann's w/coupons and place in tissue paper. I fold the quilt so that I can flip down the corner to show label. It makes a nice presentation when they open box and people always have a use for box.

I make large totes for veteran quilts.