• Can I make copies...

• Can I make copies...

Old 08-29-2018, 08:56 AM
    Power Poster

Great customer service Northcott!
    Old 08-29-2018, 09:04 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by toverly
    "Most want to save ink and say their printer is broke or some such excuse if they think someone will print it for them"

Boy, isn't that the truth, Onebyone. I have a friend who's printer has been down for over a year. She has wanted me to print out anything from the Guild's directory to full color directions for blocks of the month. I know some under a budget don't have internet access, that's another story.

I know several people like this. Always something wrong with their printer or computer. It's gets annoying. Get it fixed why don't you. I tell them I'm out of paper. Just as lame as their excuse. LOL
    Old 08-30-2018, 02:34 AM

I have recently started having patterns printed at office depot. Lots cheaper than using all my ink. It is so simple. You email them the pattern and they will print as many copies that you need. You could tell your freind you will email her a copy.
    Old 08-30-2018, 07:04 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Dina
    I just got the best news, I got an answer to the question of could I make copies of the quilt pattern that was free online. I was told "Once you download the pattern, you can do whatever you want with it. Enjoy." Wasn't that nice.

This was from Northcott Fabrics. The pattern is by Patti Carey and is on their site.

All smiles here.

Dina
    As I was reading the comments it made no sense to me that 10 people can print one copy each but one person can't print 10 copies!
    Old 08-30-2018, 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH
    As I was reading the comments it made no sense to me that 10 people can print one copy each but one person can't print 10 copies!
    Because you have 10 different people visiting a website vs 1 person visiting a website, and most websites prefer the traffic. With 10 visitors, you're more likely to have at least 1 person buy a product that wasn't what they originally came for.

This website is different because they don't sell to the general public, they sell to wholesalers only.

It was smart for the OP to ask the company for permission.
    Old 08-30-2018, 07:34 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Gagigi
    I have recently started having patterns printed at office depot. Lots cheaper than using all my ink. It is so simple. You email them the pattern and they will print as many copies that you need. You could tell your freind you will email her a copy.
    Thank you for sharing. Yes, I do not like being a copy service either especially if it is abused.
    Old 08-30-2018, 01:15 PM

I started using HP Instant Ink last year as it seemed my “Last longer “printer cartridges were not doing that and for $60
    Or so a cartridge a few times a year, it was awfully expensive. I just pick that I print 100 or less copies a month and pay a flat fee($5) and if I don’t use them I can roll them over for next month. I think 5 cents a piece is cheaper than my library charges.
    Old 08-30-2018, 03:01 PM
    Power Poster

Peckish- that makes sense. Thanks for the heads up.
    Old 08-30-2018, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish
    Because you have 10 different people visiting a website vs 1 person visiting a website, and most websites prefer the traffic. With 10 visitors, you're more likely to have at least 1 person buy a product that wasn't what they originally came for.

This website is different because they don't sell to the general public, they sell to wholesalers only.

It was smart for the OP to ask the company for permission.
    Exactly. They are not selling patterns, they are selling fabric. They are also not selling advertising "hits" on their website. Again, they want you to buy their fabric.

bkay
    Old 08-31-2018, 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by christinelf
    I started using HP Instant Ink last year as it seemed my “Last longer “printer cartridges were not doing that and for $60
    Or so a cartridge a few times a year, it was awfully expensive. I just pick that I print 100 or less copies a month and pay a flat fee($5) and if I don’t use them I can roll them over for next month. I think 5 cents a piece is cheaper than my library charges.
    That makes so much sense. Hubby and I were looking at that printer the other day and he was appalled because they would know how much he is printing......and we are talking hundreds of pages a month. He loves his printer, gets deals on ink......black only. We have a separate color printer that only comes out of it’s box on special occasions. I walked away thinking it was a good idea just not for my husband.