Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Advice on Machine Values - Aberdeen Scotland >

Advice on Machine Values - Aberdeen Scotland

Advice on Machine Values - Aberdeen Scotland

Old 04-27-2019, 01:31 PM

Thanks for the advice. I've had a singer expert look over/service the 222K. He has indicated a price which reflects its mint condition. I wont cry if it doesnt go for that sum. I mean i wont be gutted if its still in my sewing room a year hence ��. The 221K centenary edition i feel bad about. It was bought from a seller in Canada as a gift. It was serviced but body work is poor condition compared to the 222k. Shame as i know quite a bit of money was spent on it. Had to strip the case right back to the bare bones as it stunk to high heaven. Machine is fine now thankfully. I couldnt tolerate that smell in my home. HV is 4 years old and £1200 to buy. Would it be reasonable to expect half the price i paid for it? Embellesher is 2. 5 years old and been used twice. Not for me though i love the idea of it. Im not looking to making a killing or take advantage of anyone. By the same token Im not prepared to allow anyone else to take advantage of me. I think the 222K is the only one which i would be thrawn about not selling on for less than its value. Ive actually had someone trying to buy it to ship out to US. Lol i turned the offer down as i strongly suspect it was someone trying to make a profit by selling it on. Chancer! Still havent got round to advertising all the machines. I will soon.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:41 AM

First of my machines has been bought. A lady in Malaysia has bought the 222K for asking price. Went to check on the ad this morning and really thought I had done something wrong listing it yesterday afternoon. Digging deeper came across it in my account with ‘paid’ stamped across it. That was my first listing so kind of glad it has so far gone smoothly.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

that is wonderful!!! i am about to try ebay for some designer handbags I have but never ever use. Wish you more luck on the others if you list more.
Old 04-30-2019, 10:40 AM

If you have other free sites - we have Gumtree in UK - might be worth your while trying there first. Ebay takes its share as does paypal. On high value items it can eat into your funds. I had a further offer for my machine on our local gumtree but was too late as i had already commited to the Malaysian lady. She is an embroidery designer. Got a nice vibe from her. I think she will appreciate what she has bought.