• Walmart haul this morning

• Walmart haul this morning

Old 06-20-2019, 06:42 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by buddy'smom
    I went to mine as well and hauled away about 40 yards for 40.00
    good going!
    Old 06-20-2019, 06:48 PM

I just checked my Wal-Mart; they've got about 700 bolts. It doesn't look like they are closing here....
    They had maybe 15-20 bolts at $1.00/yd. =/
    Old 06-20-2019, 11:07 PM
    Power Poster

Holey Moley do you make me want to go shopping. I have been so good for so long. But I just can't do it. Out place is small and seems as if every nook and cranny is full. I guess I will just shop at home. Great haul for the ones that did go.
    BrendaK
    Old 06-21-2019, 02:33 AM

ours has the sale too & has included flannels, a whole bin full! I'm not a fan of flannel, but I've past that along to others that do use it. I, myself, picked up an entire bolt of white/gold polka dot for $23. It's going to be the backing for some unusual quilts I'm doing. The Dept. Mgr. told me they aren't closing out the fabric section in our store nor getting rid of the bolts either.
    Old 06-21-2019, 06:50 AM

Here's my haul I made yesterday. QuiltnNan, I got the blue colorway of one that you got. My clerk told me to keep checking back for the next couple of weeks for more sale bolts. I got all they had of the bird fabric, about 2 1/2 yards. I sure wish they'd had more of it.
    Attached Thumbnails 101_1061-2-.jpg   101_1064-2-.jpg   101_1066-2-.jpg  
    Old 06-21-2019, 07:38 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Libster
    Here's my haul I made yesterday. QuiltnNan, I got the blue colorway of one that you got. My clerk told me to keep checking back for the next couple of weeks for more sale bolts. I got all they had of the bird fabric, about 2 1/2 yards. I sure wish they'd had more of it.
    good job.... i really like the orangish orange peel like fabric... and the birds are a good one too
    Old 06-21-2019, 07:42 AM

Here's what I kept... the box for the crumb quilter is already packed and I want her's to be a surprise anyway.

The Horse fabric will be used for the back of a donation quilt. Was recently introduced to the Simplish pattern by another quilter on the board and will be using up all sorts of sets of scraps, in this case western bits and pieces.

The stripe fabric I have no immediate plans... pure stash indulgence. Same thing with the cherries, but I do have other fabrics that can go with that.

The white with silver metallic stars has a very nice feel, I have fabrics collected for a top, not sure this piece is quite enough for the back of that project but it goes perfectly with the top and I don't mind piecing backs a bit either.

The World fabric will be used for the back of my Postcard Quilt. It will be a pieced back, probably the one long WoF of the globes and then more random large pieces for the other side...

The second picture is a project I'm going to throw together quickly, it is also inspired by another quilter on this board. One of my Tuesday group ladies makes preemie quilts, they don't want a lot of seams among other things. I'm waiting to hear back from her on the dimensions so this is just a general idea. I'm hoping the size means I can border the full thing with the large scale print.

It is one package of precut jelly roll strips (7 fabrics, 14 strips) that I got for $1, plus I kept a yard of light purple pin dot (part of the day two polka dot binge).
    Attached Thumbnails walmart-keep.jpg   walmart-preemie.jpg  
    Old 06-21-2019, 07:51 PM

We are packing up to move out of state so I don't dare go to even look because I wouldn't be able to resist such a good deal.
    Old 06-21-2019, 08:22 PM

I talked to the fabric lady at Walmart last week and asked if they are getting rid of all fabrics--a big No! on that--but she did acknowledge that they are moving toward more precuts, especially 1 & 2 yd cuts. She said they were going to keep basic colors and some quilting cottons, along with the fusibles and some home dec and a little bit of clothing stuff. But the size of the department did not seem to be shrinking. She said it was so that they did not have to have people "dedicated" to the fabric department & it would cost the store less $$.
    Old 06-21-2019, 09:38 PM

Wow I could only dream of fabric ever being that cheap here in the UK....