Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Walmart haul this morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/walmart-haul-morning-t305334.html)

QuiltnNan 06-20-2019 08:31 AM

Walmart haul this morning

1 Attachment(s)
I've been reading a lot about WM moving from bolts to precuts. I was there this am and found several bolts marked $1 clearance. The biggest yardage of green is 7 yards. I did leave 2 bolts on the shelf as I just didn't like the designs. LOL I got a total of just under 18 yards for my donation quilts. The cutting gal is a new quilter and I invited her to our guild so she can learn more. She plans to come next month. We had some good chats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614024[/ATTACH]

Jordan 06-20-2019 08:37 AM

Wow!! You really did get a big group of fabrics. Good for you and thank you for making donations quilts and making someone very happy to receive a nice quilt.

Iceblossom 06-20-2019 08:40 AM

Woot QuiltnNan!

I checked my store on Tuesday and there were still maybe 100 bolts left. Picked up a couple of precut packages (5 fat quarters for $1) and maybe 15 yards. Had a chat with my crumb quilter here who ran to her local store but missed out, so I went out on Wednesday and picked up a bit more. There were already significantly less bolts from the day before and less after I went away again... Picked up about 20 yards mostly polka dots but that included some more for me too. When I fall off the fabric moratorium wagon, I fall hard -- but at $1 yard, it was worth a bruise or two.

In my most recent project, I've been working with a large bag of scraps I got from the Goodwill, most are Walmart and Joann fat quarters. It varies on a piece by piece basis, but I was surprised how much I liked working with some of the Waverly Fabrics. It seems I like the ones that include the term "Screen Printed" on the selvedge. Some of the trendier fat quarter fabrics I didn't care for the feel as much.

QuiltnNan 06-20-2019 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8267822)
Woot QuiltnNan!

I checked my store on Tuesday and there were still maybe 100 bolts left. Picked up a couple of precut packages (5 fat quarters for $1) and maybe 15 yards. Had a chat with my crumb quilter here who ran to her local store but missed out, so I went out on Wednesday and picked up a bit more. There were already significantly less bolts from the day before and less after I went away again... Picked up about 20 yards mostly polka dots but that included some more for me too. When I fall off the fabric moratorium wagon, I fall hard -- but at $1 yard, it was worth a bruise or two....

I only wish there had been polka dots! lucky you! I'm not on a formal moratorium, but am trying to reduce my stash.... guess this doesn't help LOL

cinnya 06-20-2019 10:04 AM

Hi from this stranger who just logged in after not being on this forum in years
I wanted to let you know about the Gueterman thread in Walmart. They have the big spools for 50 cents and the smaller ones for a quarter. i bought almost $20 worth a few days ago.

Rhonda K 06-20-2019 12:15 PM

You really scored big time! Fabric for your charity quilts and a new friend for your guild. It doesn't get any better.

sue.ross.8782 06-20-2019 01:37 PM

Congratulations on the big fabric score and on recruiting a new quilter to your guild.:D

Jingle 06-20-2019 04:10 PM

One of our walmarts had some fabrics on clearance. I just wasn't in the mood to buy any. Instead a week or so later I bought 25 yds at Hobby Lobby, mostly backing fabrics.

Nice haul.

Jane Quilter 06-20-2019 04:53 PM

Nice haul!

buddy'smom 06-20-2019 05:32 PM

I went to mine as well and hauled away about 40 yards for 40.00