Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Walmart haul this morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/walmart-haul-morning-t305334.html)

LindaJane 06-26-2019 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 8267817)
I've been reading a lot about WM moving from bolts to precuts. I was there this am and found several bolts marked $1 clearance. The biggest yardage of green is 7 yards. I did leave 2 bolts on the shelf as I just didn't like the designs. LOL I got a total of just under 18 yards for my donation quilts. The cutting gal is a new quilter and I invited her to our guild so she can learn more. She plans to come next month. We had some good chats.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]614024[/ATTACH]

I returned home from vacation to find that my daughter had purchased about 60 yards from the walmart clearance. Most of it for one of two charity projects. Our Quilt Guild makes children's quilts each year at the Iowa State fair so am in the process of cutting it into strips for that project with some (shopkins fabric) for bags for Shoebox gifts. Included in her purchases was the top one in your picture. Delivered some to the guild yesterday and hopefully will have the rest ready for next months meeting.

QuiltnNan 06-26-2019 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by LindaJane (Post 8270010)
I returned home from vacation to find that my daughter had purchased about 60 yards from the walmart clearance. Most of it for one of two charity projects. Our Quilt Guild makes children's quilts each year at the Iowa State fair so am in the process of cutting it into strips for that project with some (shopkins fabric) for bags for Shoebox gifts. Included in her purchases was the top one in your picture. Delivered some to the guild yesterday and hopefully will have the rest ready for next months meeting.

Wow, she did well!

JustRetired 06-26-2019 09:47 AM

If your Wal-Mart does not have a table of fabric marked as clearance, that does not mean that the fabric is not on sale, Try scanning one of the bolts that look like some of those pictured. Chances are it is marked down in the computer but they have not gotten around to marking it down on the bolt yet. I have found lots of great deals due to those scanners!

QuiltnNan 06-26-2019 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by JustRetired (Post 8270036)
If your Wal-Mart does not have a table of fabric marked as clearance, that does not mean that the fabric is not on sale, Try scanning one of the bolts that look like some of those pictured. Chances are it is marked down in the computer but they have not gotten around to marking it down on the bolt yet. I have found lots of great deals due to those scanners!

good tip.

love to sew 06-27-2019 07:58 PM

Lucky you!

Sneed 06-29-2019 06:38 AM

Wow! Kind of like finding a treasure chest.

Aurora 06-29-2019 07:33 AM

My stash cannot tolerate any more fabric. At least the avalanches are not painful!

Darcyshannon 06-29-2019 06:06 PM

You have a lot to work with. I have never bought fabric there before.