Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Walmart haul this morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/walmart-haul-morning-t305334.html)

jmoore 06-22-2019 02:57 AM

Nan, you sure got a lot of nice fabric at a unbeatable price. I guess I need to hop over to a WM to see what they have to offer.

Aurora 06-22-2019 10:30 AM

I bought a few I really liked when they were $3/yard. I had my eye on some canvas for several weeks. I picked 3 yds for $3 a foot one day last week, when I stopped by on Friday after quilting, it was $3 a yard an I bought the last 7 3/8 yards for $3/yd. I also got some I really liked for $1/yd.

RedGarnet222 06-22-2019 10:41 AM

I rushed over to my Walmart to get in on the clearance sales. Guess what? It isn't happening here yet. I did get seven one yard precuts for the kitchen towels I have been hand embroidering. The bottom will have a 3 1/2" border of the purchased fabric and I bought tassels to accent. I think they will be adorable when I get them all done. I only have seven finished so I have a ways to go. I am not sure yet whether I will sell them in a senior sampler fall sale or give them as gifts to the in laws at the holidays. I have never sold any of my work before and I would have to get a tax number (which I am not sure about either). But, I have plenty of the towels and fabric to make them. 40 towels and tons of accent fabric.

goldsberry921 06-22-2019 05:37 PM

I will surely need to go check my local store and surrounding others LOL

tuckyquilter 06-22-2019 05:56 PM

I bought the bottom fabric (in photo) in light purple as I have about a half yard of some park scene fabric it will go nicely with. I rarely if ever go in a Walmart where I live. But friend took me to one a couple of towns over. Bingo!! Whole table of $1 a yd stuff, fleece $1 yd. oh wait,,,, I was looking for a coffee pot.. LOL

quiltingshorttimer 06-22-2019 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 8268561)
I rushed over to my Walmart to get in on the clearance sales. Guess what? It isn't happening here yet. I did get seven one yard precuts for the kitchen towels I have been hand embroidering. The bottom will have a 3 1/2" border of the purchased fabric and I bought tassels to accent. I think they will be adorable when I get them all done. I only have seven finished so I have a ways to go. I am not sure yet whether I will sell them in a senior sampler fall sale or give them as gifts to the in laws at the holidays. I have never sold any of my work before and I would have to get a tax number (which I am not sure about either). But, I have plenty of the towels and fabric to make them. 40 towels and tons of accent fabric.

Not about Walmart, but in KS you don't have to have a tax # if you are only selling in at some special events 4 or less times a year (like craft shows)--you do have to pay sales tax--contact your local sales ax office and ask about details.

fktsewing 06-25-2019 07:53 AM

Great find! I too got some fabrics at Wal Mart for $1.00 per yard. But my biggest score was at Pat Cataans as they have been bought out by Michaels---I got yardage for 50% off price marked---came home with yardage for pillow cases, blenders, some kids prints, some for nightgowns and blouses. That was just the first time---I went back 2 more times and got a great green that looks like grass for the backing on my DH Ohio Buckeye Quilt. I plane to make the backing look like a football field. Sure will miss them---they carried everything. The one near me will just be gone in September. Some of the stores are turning into Michaels, which does not carry fabric. So sad! But glad for me!

Grandma Peg 06-25-2019 08:46 PM

That is a great deal. Would be wonderful for backings.

SusieQOH 06-26-2019 04:04 AM

Nancy, does this mean you will be too busy using up all that fabric to moderate? :D

craftiladi 06-26-2019 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by cinnya (Post 8267849)
Hi from this stranger who just logged in after not being on this forum in years
I wanted to let you know about the Gueterman thread in Walmart. They have the big spools for 50 cents and the smaller ones for a quarter. i bought almost $20 worth a few days ago.

Good Morning, I too am a long time member but haven't posted in a very long time. I also do alot of quilts for our womens shelter so walmart clearance sections have been my friend-its decent fabric, some is just garbage so I pass on that. I did see a few spools of the thread but it was pretty picked over. Happy Sewing :)