Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • What's new and good about our new format? >
  • What's new and good about our new format?

• What's new and good about our new format?

Old 02-14-2020, 06:17 AM

I found this when I was looking for something else this morning (story of my life, lol)

It gives a bit of a legend to what the different symbols mean. I knew a few of them like the locked symbol but there are a few new to me ones as well.
    Attached Thumbnails qb-definitions.png  
    Old 02-16-2020, 01:39 PM

Looking for an answer please if anyone can help....
    In the past, when I would look at a thread, it's colour went from bold to regular type. When I returned to the board another day, it would still have the lighter type so I would know I'd already read it.
    Now the thread changes colour once I've opened it and then returned to the main page but when I leave the board and come back all the threads are a bold colour again.... I know I can use the quick link button to "mark all forums read" but then I don't get the bold vs regular typeface when I come back.... does this make sense what I'm saying? If so, does anyone have an answer for me? I can adjust the settings if I only knew what to adjust!
    Old 02-16-2020, 03:49 PM

I'm thinking that it will be bold again when you sign on again, if there have been new posts to that thread. Also I think there might be a difference in "New Posts" in the black bar and the one lower down There is also a "Today's Posts" in the "Quick Links" drop down arrow.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    Old 02-19-2020, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench
    I'm thinking that it will be bold again when you sign on again, if there have been new posts to that thread. Also I think there might be a difference in "New Posts" in the black bar and the one lower down There is also a "Today's Posts" in the "Quick Links" drop down arrow.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
    I think you're right about it being bold again if there have been new posts.
    I'm still experimenting to figure things out, but I'm finding I like the new format ok now I've adjusted to it and the recent update changes really helped with the visibility issues from the initial change in format.