Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Hand embroidery fabrics >
  • Hand embroidery fabrics

• Hand embroidery fabrics

Old 07-10-2020, 02:41 AM

I use Northcott colorworks solids with Pellon 911FF ironed on the back. Northcott is my favorite solid and the Pellon keeps the threads from showing thru the back. I do occasionally get a wrinkle between the fabric and the fusible but it isn't as noticable when the project is complete.
    Old 07-10-2020, 04:54 AM

I have used Kona-Snow, it's not white and it's not off-white. It's a nice soft color, but then again depends on what you are using it for and the other colors being used. I have used all different colors of the Kona.
    Old 07-10-2020, 05:03 AM

I do a lot of hand embroidered quilts. There is a variety of muslin qualities available, but l've loved using regular light coloured quilting cotton, prewashed to rid it of sizing.The white on white " prints" can be difficult to needle, however, as that overlay is some sort of plastic or teflon finished product.
    Old 07-10-2020, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jordan
    Thank you everyone on your ideas and advice. I did wash my fabric as I always wash any fabric before I start on a project. I will be using DMC thread cause I have a lot of it due to cross stitching some time ago. I like to do hand work in the evenings and cross stitch got difficult for me to see. Will use everyone's advice to my advantage and see how it works out. Thanks again
    Have fun! I can't wait to see what you accomplish! I haven't done any hand embroidery for a few years and have a ton of pearl cottons here for embroiders. I have gone, like so many others, to doing my embroidery by machine. My grand daughter's hope chest have the last hand embroidery work I finished. Have a load of fun and I look forward to pictures!
    Old 07-11-2020, 07:49 AM

Thanks everyone for your input. I am using DMC thread to embroidery with. When I finish a block, I will have my granddaughter show me how to put a picture on.