Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Machine Embroidery
  • Janome 9850 vs Bernette 70 Deco >
  • Janome 9850 vs Bernette 70 Deco

• Janome 9850 vs Bernette 70 Deco

Old 09-10-2020, 02:35 AM

Thank you. Looking at sewing machines is more stressful than looking at cars LOL. My heart is with Bernina but I am going with an open mind to look at the Janome’s. The 6700P actually has a 11” throat space - one inch bigger than the Bernina I am looking at. The gentleman that services the Janome’s at one shop is the same man that services the Bernina’s at the other shop. I would love to pick his brain! He had worked worked for Bernina so I’m guessing what his thoughts would be. I will remember your post when looking tomorrow.
    Old 09-11-2020, 08:09 AM

Smile Bernina Hands Down

So decision made....I just tested the the Janome M7. It’s a beautiful machine but there are to many “no’s” with regards to what it does compared to the Bernina 770QE. I can upgrade the Bernina to do embroidery in the future - you can’t with the Janome. The feel of the Bernina is much more sturdy. BUT the one important thing that swayed me was there is a great deal more educational opportunities with the quilt shop that sells the Bernina’s. Now that I am retired (well sort of because I pick up my first grade granddaughter every afternoon) I will have more time to learn this machine and to learn more sewing skills with regards to quilting.
    To say this decision wasn’t stressful would be an understatement. The difference in price between the two machines is about $800. I have to go with my gut and the reliability and warranty and history of the Bernina. So I’m going from a Bernina 931 (which I will keep) to the Bernina 770QE.....wish me luck with this learning curve and thanks to everyone for their input!
    Old 09-11-2020, 09:38 AM

Woooooohooooo! You won't regret your decision! Congrats!!