Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • For Sale Section?? >
  • For Sale Section??

• For Sale Section??

Old 06-14-2021, 06:02 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc
    I certainly am not a scammers. I am just a women, a mom, that has begun quilting to work through the very difficult times of the last year and a half. I am not sure what I ever did to make you suggest I was a scammer. Sorry I asked the question.
    There were a very few people that joined just to sell - at inflated prices -

And that spoiled it for the rest of us.
    Old 06-15-2021, 02:35 AM

[QUOTE=Heathermom2opmc;8490962]I
    I Think she was just explaining why the selling section had little activity recently,
    nothing personal against you.!!

I for one think we should revitalize the section. I have bought great finds from other quilters.
    Old 06-15-2021, 07:42 AM
    Power Poster

Your Facebook Marketplace is a good place to offer those things for sale. They will get a lot of exposure.
    Old 06-15-2021, 08:30 AM
    mkc

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Your Facebook Marketplace is a good place to offer those things for sale. They will get a lot of exposure.
    That and the Sew It's For Sale FB group, which is a private group and I've never seen spam in it (unlike another group that is public and ends up with all kinds of nasty spam). The platform lends itself to photos and keeping ads updated/deleted when sold works very well.
    Old 06-15-2021, 01:28 PM

I don't think that comment was aimed at you. It was just a comment.

I've been a member of sewitsforsale group on groups.io for some time. You have to join groups.io, but it's free. Many of the groups that used to be on Yahoo groups moved over there when Yahoo discontinued that service. I've never bought or sold anything, but it's really well organized. It has very specific rules on how you post. They send them to you when join the group. There is no cost to the seller or buyer. You can sell anything related to sewing. It's very active.
    bkay

Last edited by bkay; 06-15-2021 at 01:30 PM. Reason: another thought
    Old 06-16-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Heathermom2opmc
    I am not sure what I ever did to make you suggest I was a scammer. Sorry I asked the question.
    Originally Posted by bkay
    I agree. You were looking for a specific group on this forum, and it was explained to you why that group doesn't really exist anymore. No need to take it personally.

FB Marketplace is another decent place to buy/sell. I have a close friend who sells a lot of her old stuff there.
    Old 06-16-2021, 03:43 PM

Heather, i'm sorry i just saw your posting after mine. never did i say you were anything but a fellow quilter. i was just trying to let you know things we'd gone through on the forum in the past and why selling is no longer done here. I don't get on Facebook or other sites so am limited in where i find things myself. Good luck. !
    Old 06-17-2021, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by bkay

I've been a member of sewitsforsale group on groups.io for some time. You have to join groups.io, but it's free. Many of the groups that used to be on Yahoo groups moved over there when Yahoo discontinued that service. I've never bought or sold anything, but it's really well organized. It has very specific rules on how you post. They send them to you when join the group. There is no cost to the seller or buyer. You can sell anything related to sewing. It's very active.
    bkay
    Ooooh, I like this! I just joined. How long does it take to be approved so you can start using sewitsforsale?
    Old 06-18-2021, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom
    Ooooh, I like this! I just joined. How long does it take to be approved so you can start using sewitsforsale?
    Just a couple of days, if I remember correctly. There is also an I Spy swap group on groups.io that I've participated in.
    bkay.