Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
What is on your dining room table? >

What is on your dining room table?

What is on your dining room table?

Old 03-05-2022, 02:33 PM
Power Poster

At the moment, nothing. I baste my quilts on my dining room table and just finished one.
Usually a vase of flowers.
Old 03-05-2022, 07:56 PM

Our dining room became my sewing room when Covid hit. I'm not sure what will happen when we want to actually be able to have people over to a house that doesn't have fabric flowing into the front hall...
Old 03-06-2022, 04:03 AM

A lovely table runner that a dear friend made…with bee fabric. DH and I raise bees, we currently have four hives. Good thing you hadn’t posed this question two weeks ago, I would have had to say it was cluttered with real estate and Maine rules and law books as I was taking a four week Zoom course to advance my career. Our dining table became my classroom but as soon as I passed my final, I immediately cleared all the “stuff.”
Old 03-06-2022, 06:56 AM
Power Poster

Table runner from the last table runner swap. Oh so pretty. She, ekuw, made two and I received the beautiful bottom one.
Attached Thumbnails 0de873db-ab24-4647-81ee-0b67ad060ed9-small-2-.jpeg  
Old 03-06-2022, 07:06 AM

Right now? I can see: A lazy Susan filled with s/p, napkins, butter, etc. a plant (that is actually alive and growing!. A 7-up container i was drinking from last night and an empty glass!
It’s a silly big table. Wood with piece of glass on top. Used to be in an office conference room. Got it when we remodeled this whole area so that when we have big family gatherings we can all sit. Down side of that. I occasionally use one end as a desk!
Rarely fabric. hubs says i can not take over the entire house!
Old 03-06-2022, 07:24 AM

Um, lets see.... A stack of quilted hot pads; some small quilted table pads; several plastic placemats that we use at dinnertime- we eat dinner in the dining room; two vintage hand pieced and hand quilted quilts given to me by a neighbor that need repair; two metal watercolor palettes- one with regular water colors and the other with metallic watercolors; two plastic tubs that contain 40 year old tubes of gouache paint that has dried up but is still useable- like watercolor, you can just cut open the tube and put water in and it will re-liquify; a couple of brushes for the watercolors and gouache; a lap tray that I use when I sit in the living room and paint while watching tv- it holds my watercolors, paper and water bucket; probably some other things as well since it's a big table...

Rob
Old 03-06-2022, 09:27 AM
Power Poster

Right now a lot of medical junk. My husbands blood pressure machine and various medications for both of us. A giant size bag of Doritos and all the misc. stuff the collects on any flat surface it seems.
Old 03-06-2022, 09:29 AM

St. Patrick's green shamrock table cloth and a huge tray of Easter Candy.
Old 03-06-2022, 11:33 AM
Power Poster

a pushed aside table runner and a vase of Lego flowers,,,along with a sewing machine and various other objects related to sewing,
Old 03-06-2022, 03:41 PM

The cats' food bowls and a bowl of water. Joe (the rescue dog) is very food oriented and if we leave the cat food on the floor, the cats would starve and Joe would be fat.