Lets talk pillowcases

Old 09-28-2023, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

Hospice Homes often welcome pillowcases in varying materials, to match to the personalities and interests of their residents.

Some children's hospitals welcome them, in children's fabrics, to give the kids something more fun than a boring old white or blue pillow case.

Nursing homes and other senior care homes are other possibilities.

Be sure to contact these potential recipients before you make pillowcases (or anything), so that you can follow any guidelines/requirements that they have established.

Good Luck!
Old 09-30-2023, 03:41 PM

Here are some more suggestions to donate pillow cases. Women's shelters,burn unit at hospitals, Veterans and kids in foster care as mentioned above.
Old 10-04-2023, 04:25 AM

I never thought of care facilities! I love that suggestion.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by illinois
One suggestion is to donate these to your agency who deals with foster children. The pillowcases are so much more festive than putting the children's belongings in a garbage bag. There's a "message" in there. as the children are removed from their homes. Another suggestion--not fabric--but donate suitcases or duffel bags that we no longer need. Those agencies have use of them for the kids, especially the older ones.
I agree! We Volunteer at an organization that provides clothes, school supplies, toiletries, pillowcases and quilt -all free - to kids in Foster Care. It's a wonderful thing to see kids pick out their new 'everything'. But it's sado,because we know that being taken from your home is not fun.