Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sooooo many ideas! >

Sooooo many ideas!

Sooooo many ideas!

Old 03-02-2010, 06:12 PM

Thank you all so much for your kind words....I have a huge smile on my face as I am writing this! I will take all your suggestions to heart as I begin this new chapter in quiltmaking. I have 2 WIP that I HAVE to finish first as they are very special gifts, so have to calm down and concentrate on those! (it may be tough)
Old 03-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Congratulations! Grand babies are the best, absolutely.

I just got off the phone with my redheaded grandson. He will be four soon and that boy does love to talk. I am learning everything there is to know about Transformers and Bakugon and pirates and sharks and dinosaurs, and on and on and on. Then a sudden "gotta go potty, I love you, bye" Cracked me up. He is the funniest kid.

I have three grandsons and a grand daughter on the way. I literally cried when I found out she was going to be a girl. First a miracle that she is even coming and then a girl as well. She will be so spoiled. All I want to do is sew for her. I have years worth of stuff planned to make for her. How bad is that?

I am with Mary, just make some for each gender and some that are for either and you are covered. Grand kids are what makes getting old worth while I think. Mine love me in a way that makes me feel like a queen when they are around. A phone call from either of the bigger boys just makes my day. And a gurgle on the phone from the little guy puts me over the moon. I wish I was closer, but I take what I can get and prepare for more spoiling in between.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:31 PM

Congratulations!! OOOOh how fun to be a grandma! I don't expect to get that news anytime soon, but I can't wait!! May I ask, quiltingnonie, have you posted your avatar picture anywhere? I would love to see it bigger, it is beautiful from what my aging eyes can see.
Old 03-02-2010, 06:32 PM

Congrats!!! I know that you will enjoy making baby quilts. There are so many to choose from. Happy Quilting:)
Old 03-02-2010, 06:38 PM

Congratulations :)
Old 03-02-2010, 06:40 PM

Congratulations!!! Baby quilts are sooooooooo much fun! Made many for friends and premies at hospital. They have a quilt that someday I'll make. It has pockets on it and different shapes attached by a (lack of a better term) string that hide the object in the pocket. Peek-A-Boo!! :D
Old 03-02-2010, 07:22 PM

Congratulations!! Grands are what make all of those sleepless nights with our kids worthwhile. We have 5 grandsons. I wouldn't trade a minute with them. No girls in sight here. Katia, I know what you mean about saving all of the girl stuff. I have patterns and fabric just waiting! Maybe someday.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Power Poster

Congrats to the soon to be new Grandma. Bright primary colors are great for new babies. They see those better.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingnonie
OMG! I just found out this weekend that I am GOING TO BE A GRANDMA!!! (first one) Baby quilt patterns are flyin' around my sewing room! :P The only problem, is that my daughter and son-in-law PREFER not to learn the baby's sex, so can't do much with pink. So they haven't picked a "theme" for decor yet either. I CAN'T WAIT! (due early Nov) Guess I will just start with bright primary colors .... you can never have too many quilts! This opens up a whole new realm in quilt making for me. :thumbup:
Congrats! Babies are so fun.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:41 AM

YAY!!! Congrats! that's awesome news. Better get sewing. tee hee