Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
My name is Bronny - and I don't quilt!!! >

My name is Bronny - and I don't quilt!!!

My name is Bronny - and I don't quilt!!!

Old 03-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Welcome from Illinois. I've adapted cross stitch patterns into quilt blocks and I'm sure it could be easily done in reverse if you so desired. There are many BEAUTIFUL quilts out there that are cross stitched. I personally have two. There's nothing that says that different forms of artistic expression can't overlap. I paint, scrapbook, dabble in genealogy, rubber stamp, sew clothing, knit, crochet, etc. I've tried bead making, soap making, candle making, leather tooling, woodburning, embroidery, candlewicking and anything else that I wanted to. The main thing is to ENJOY!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 04:06 AM

Hello from NJ, USA I also cross stitched, crocheted, and was forced (didn't take much) by a friend who was very patient with me and helped me with my first quilt. Well, everyone knows, that hooked me. I also collect Pink Dep. glass, everywhere you look, there it is. Do you have a special pattern you like, my biggest collections are Miss America, Old colony (open lace) Anniversary. I also have (had) an all male household,my nest is empty now,and I have 2 1/2 grands. Lace
Old 03-20-2010, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by earlylace
Hello from NJ, USA I also cross stitched, crocheted, and was forced (didn't take much) by a friend who was very patient with me and helped me with my first quilt. Well, everyone knows, that hooked me. I also collect Pink Dep. glass, everywhere you look, there it is. Do you have a special pattern you like, my biggest collections are Miss America, Old colony (open lace) Anniversary. I also have (had) an all male household,my nest is empty now,and I have 2 1/2 grands. Lace
Thanks for the welcome everybody...
For earlylace, I now have my mother's collection of pink glass and have over 150 pieces - mostly Royal Lace, Mayfair (open rose), Princess, Old Colony.
I do have a blog where it is eventually to be displayed.
http://thepinkglasslady.blogspot.com/
Old 03-20-2010, 05:19 AM

Welcome from Minnesota, USA!
Old 03-20-2010, 05:22 AM

Welcome from Central PA. I read your introduction. I have news for you. Oh yes you are a quilter. You just don't know it yet. I give you a month before the realization sets in.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from Ontario. I, like many others, also do many assorted crafts, but quilting has certainly got the strongest hold on me now
Old 03-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!
I started with the Cross Stitch too. I would come to the church's all night "quilt night" and cross stitch all night long. My friends all quilted and they kept on me about learning how. I used to do a lot crafts and craft fairs so I had a lot of the supplies and a good fabric collection going before I finally caved in and started quilting. No more crafts, and I have a cross stitch I set aside 8 years ago and still have not finished. I hope to some day, however. I have had 3 shoulder surgeries in 6 years and hope to be able to go back to cross stitching again, though I won't give up the quilting.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 PM

Hello and welcome from central Texas :-)
Old 03-20-2010, 05:57 PM

I've done several baby quilts with counted cross stitch blocks in them. I think "thou does protest to much" you may be on your way to quilting. Great ideas on this site.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:03 PM

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma.