Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
price of fabric >

price of fabric

price of fabric

Old 06-01-2010, 02:09 PM

Two local LQS have gone out of business in the last 18 months. I will support my LQS as often as possible. I have to drive an hour to get to the closest one, so I don't get to go more than once every few months. JoAnns in closer, but they don't have the quality I'm looking for. I have cheaper fabric, and I'm using it up as fast as I can. I want my quilts to last several lifetimes. The better the fabric, the longer it will last. The cheaper fabric will do for utility quilts and practice.
Old 06-01-2010, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S
Originally Posted by ScrapQuilter
Sorry girls........... I know I will be leaving piles & boxes of fabric when I go........ granddaughter will be happy... lol How could a quilter leave this world with out leaving a good stash....
I intend to take my stash with me!! Line the coffin !,stuff the pillow !, put it all "in with me"!.They might need a super sized casket! Cause I am sure , I will keep quilting where ever I go. And I might need some to trade with other quilters.
Amen Lori I'm with you
Old 06-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Google Goddess

that will be nice!

Originally Posted by stchn4livn
I just read that our local electric prices will be going down due to reduced demand. Now I think it has a lot to do with everyone conserving as much as they can. I have everything but one clock on switches cause if I am not using it it doesn't need electricity. What if we did the same with fabric? Maybe if we all limit our purchases then they will have no choice but to lower prices and keep the quality. I look at the prices for notions and I am glad I bought them years ago. Consumers need to show companys who really has the power. Something to consider.