Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Husquavarna Sewing machines >
  • Husquavarna Sewing machines

• Husquavarna Sewing machines

Old 06-28-2010, 11:20 AM

Only backwards? That's one for the record books!! Glad you got a new machine, and an upgrade at that.
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM

Yeah, glad you got some satisfaction. I guess there are lemons everywhere, not just cars made on Monday or Friday LOL
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:26 AM

I have a Sapphire 850, purchased it a year ago this July. STILL getting used to it. So far, I had a problem with FMQ the first time I tried it. But the second time worked just fine! Don't know what happened. The only complaint I have is I do not care for the way my bobbin winds. Sometimes they seem loosely wound. I am still learning several things with it and yes, I miss having the knee lift. But I quilted a queen sized quilt on it last week and it did extremely well! I was impressed.
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:35 AM

I just bought a Sapphire 850. Darn my hubby asked me a week after I bought it why i didn't buy the 870. I could take it back but i kinda like this one. I have only had it a month.
    I had a viking 500 and i blew it up. I have 5 other machines but i don't have all the fancy stitching on 4 of them. the 5th is a embrodiery machine.
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:37 AM

I forgot to mention that I had a Viking #1 Plus Sewing/Embroidery machine and just loved it. I purchased it in 1997 when all they had was DOS digitizing! Anyways, After awhile, I burned out on the embroidery but kept the machine for regular quilting and sewing. It was a Workhorse! That Machine was great. When I finally sold it to get the Sapphire, I wished I didn't. But too late. Sapphire seems to be working out well, now that I am giving it a chance!
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:41 AM

I've had an 850 Sapphire Quilt for almost 2 years now. It took some getting used to.

When my bobbins start to act up, I rewind them onto an empty bobbin and that frequently clears up any snagging problems.

Also, changing to NEW (good quality) thread and changing needles frequently seems to keep me from having issues.

Using leaders/enders when piecing also prevents snags on the fabric. Change needles frequently, too.

Like I said, I was wrestling with it a lot, and I did take it in once during the warranty period, but after a few months, we both "got to know each other" and it's been a match made in heaven ever since.
    Old 06-28-2010, 11:43 AM

I also have a Daisy and love it!
    Old 06-28-2010, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Charleen DiSante
    Anyway, the problem I was having is that the bobbin holder sort of pops out, catching threads.
    I have a Sapphire 850. You should be able to sew with a partial bobbin. When you thread the bobbin, make sure you hear a "click" when you pull the thread through the threading slot, and that it's unwinding in the right direction.

There is a Yahoo group devoted to the Sapphire. They have lots of good advice.
    Old 06-28-2010, 12:50 PM

My friend showed me how to pop off the plate and clean it out.....hhhhavvvve mercy I sew ALOT.. the lint proved it! LOL the thread was getting stuck that is what provoked the spontanious cleaning lesson... not a lick of a problem since. It is sooooo wonderful to have a RELAIBLE machine!
    Old 06-28-2010, 01:06 PM

That was a good friend! In our younger days we were taught never to touch the parts on the machine. Now, we know beter !
    Originally Posted by Dawn Hendrix
    My friend showed me how to pop off the plate and clean it out.....hhhhavvvve mercy I sew ALOT.. the lint proved it! LOL the thread was getting stuck that is what provoked the spontanious cleaning lesson... not a lick of a problem since. It is sooooo wonderful to have a RELAIBLE machine!