Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
This is going to drive me crazy! >

This is going to drive me crazy!

This is going to drive me crazy!

Old 07-20-2010, 05:17 PM

Oh I'm used to the towels and wash clothes disappearing!Even silverware disappears around here. But this is my quilting stuff! And I know that I probably put it up somewhere......my sewing area is only so big though. My Grannie used to put things in a safe place....it was safe alright. She never found them again!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:43 PM

The last time I lost some blocks, I found them quite a while later in some folded fabric. Apparently I'd set them on the folded fabric, then added another piece of fabric, and picked up the whole pile and put them away....lost between two fabrics. :-( What a fun surprise to find them again though! :-)
Old 07-20-2010, 05:59 PM

Could someone be messing with you, might be trying to drive you nuts. Just a thought!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:09 PM

I looked in my closet. They weren't there. Good luck finding them.
Carol B
Old 07-20-2010, 07:16 PM

Know what you mean. I had some fairy blocks with the silhouette ironed on just needing the 3-D wings. Haven't seen 'em in months...

Did find the capris I thought were missing...under a t-shirt on top of the dryer!!!
Old 07-21-2010, 03:00 AM

Do you happen to have that favorite chair where you do things? That's where I keep mine. Also, check out the car! You may have put them in there to work on them and forgot that's where they are.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:15 AM

I was really afraid this would keep me up all night. Luckily I slept! I have this little case that I normally keep them in. It holds the pieces and has these neat little holders for thread. I took them out of it though because I left it in my truck and it smelled kind of musty. So i had the blocks laying on my ironing table so they could air out. That is the last time I remember seeing them. the case is on the shelf right beside that empty except for my pinking shears. I have no Idea why I put them in there! Those blocks have to be in with some other fabric or something. the thing is I don't have a huge stash. I can go thru it in no time and I've not found them. the only other thing is that maybe they got put up with winter clothes? Not sure I want them bad enough to pull those out yet. Going thru sweaters and stuff when its 100 just doesn't sound fun. Sooner or later they'll turn up I guess.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:07 AM

Don't look for them and they'll end up right under your nose!!! :lol: :lol:

I've made myself absolutely crazy looking for stuff. Look on all 3 floors numerous times, through drawers, under beds, etc.!!! :evil: Gave up, all of a sudden it was there!! :shock: Just happens!! :lol: :lol: :lol: