Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Offline Events, Announcements, Discussions
  • New Topic - Meet & Greet in Minnesota >
  • New Topic - Meet & Greet in Minnesota

• New Topic - Meet & Greet in Minnesota

Old 10-08-2010, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Love my stash
    Hi Everyone,

If you like to get together to meet other Board members, have some fun, check out some quilt shops and share a meal or two?? Then this is for you. I am hosting a Meet and Greet here in Alexandria, Mn on Saturday Nov 6th, and if there is interest there is the possibility of making a weekend of it.

This is such a great opportunity to make connections and new friends. You can post here and feel free to PM me also if you are sure you would like to attend.

***************** UPDATE 10/8 *****************

HI EVERYONE,

I'M SO HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU ALL, BOTH HERE AND THROUGH PM'S. BECAUSE OF SOME OF THE PM'S I'VE RECEIVED, I AM WILLING TO OPEN THIS UP SO THAT IT CAN ACCOMODATE AS MANY OF YOU AS POSSIBLE TO ATTEND. SO WITH THAT IN MIND, I'M INVITING YOU TO EXPRESS YOUR SPECIFIC INTEREST/PREFERENCE IN WHEN YOU WILL BE ATTENDING. NOW REMEMBER, THE IDEA IS TO BE ABLE TO GATHER AS MANY OF US TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME, SO THAT WE CAN SHARE, SHOP, AND SING ...LOL, IF WE WANT.

So, ladies, grab your calendars and let me know if you are willing to commit and WHEN you will be attending. If anyone needs me to check on hotel availabilty or send you listings, I will be happy to do so. I wish I had room in my humble abode to accomodate sleepovers, but I do not. You can post here, but if you are committed, send me a PM also. I will try to update everyone HERE, once a week to keep you posted. I'll be waiting to hear from you.

Let me hear from you.

Cheryl
    :roll: :-) :thumbup:
    Old 10-10-2010, 04:12 PM

Hi,
    I will have the first 2 weekends in November open and I will need a motel room. Thank you
    Old 10-13-2010, 05:36 AM

i am avaiable the second weekend in nov
    Old 10-20-2010, 08:58 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that I have some bad news about meeting the weekend of Nov. 6th. A physical issue has gotten progressively worse and they did some in-hospital tests and I'm going to have to have surgery. The date isn't set yet, but it will be quite soon and I'll not be up to hosting the Meet & Greet here in Alexandria. Recovery will take some time also so I thought if someone else would like to go ahead and host one, please feel free to do so.

I am so sorry that I am unable to meet you all, but there will hopefully be other times. I don't know how much I will be able to post, but will check things out as I can. Hope you all have a blast when you get together. I'll be checking in.

Cheryl
    Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 AM

Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear of your health issues. I pray that your surgery and recovery go really well. I look forward to meeting you next summer when I am back in MN.

Good Luck,
    Linda
    Old 10-21-2010, 10:01 AM

Cheryl, I am sorry to hear of your health problems. Hopefully, you will be completely recovered before the wonderful holidays hit us. Please take care and keep us posted.
    Old 10-21-2010, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Linda58
    Cheryl, I am so sorry to hear of your health issues. I pray that your surgery and recovery go really well. I look forward to meeting you next summer when I am back in MN.

Good Luck,
    Linda
    Hi Linda

Thank you so much for your kind reply, it is much appreciated. I look forward to meeting you in the future too. Stay in touch. God Bless.

Cheryl
    Old 11-07-2010, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by maryv
    Cheryl, I am sorry to hear of your health problems. Hopefully, you will be completely recovered before the wonderful holidays hit us. Please take care and keep us posted.
    Hi Maryv,
    Thank you for your thoughtfulness?? Would you believe they are still doing tests. Had two in-hospital test last week and have one more in-hospital test this week (required by the insurance company) to prove I need the surgery. I have to be put under for this one too. Then I guess we schedule the surgery. So it's been hurry up and wait. That's all I know for now.

Cheryl
    Old 11-08-2010, 05:34 PM

Don't you just love insurance companies, they want to save money, but have you go through all these hoops which cost quite a bit and the end result is the same. I had the same insurance process a few years back -- I was surprised, I figured if the doctor said I needed surgery, that would be it -- who volunteers for surgery. It is a hurry up and wait process. Hope all goes well.